This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

We went around and talked to some of our lovely fellow SLU scholars, and asked them what their advice is to start the year off strong, academically. Here’s what they said!

“I use my planner like  a bible. I write down every homework assignment, meeting with professor, lacrosse practice, and upcoming social events in that thing. It literally saves my life everyday.” -Alex LaMotte

“I meet with my teachers right away so they see your face and can match a name to a face sooner than later. They usually really appreciate the extra effort and having a good relationship with your professor is always helpful, especially in the long run.” – Olivia Slade

“I got all my textbooks, planners, and folders organized before classes even started so I had one less thing to worry about on the first day of classes” -Scott Shoulvin

“Plan your outfit out beforehand so you’re not stressing the morning of!” -Amaya Lopez

Try to read the syllabus for each class in a good spot because there’s usually a ton of important information on them, like the grading scale, daily homework assignments, big exam dates, etc.” -Lolo Frost

“I try to sit in the front of the class during the first few weeks of classes so I get all the information i need about the course, the first few weeks, the syllabus, and stuff like that” -Nick Zachara

“I do my best not to procrastinate. Even if you think you have time to put something off, everything starts to pile up, so it’s better to get things done as soon as you’re assigned them”- Abby Smalley