Columbia Checklist: Fourth of July Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Bring on the “ohs,” “ahs,” and “mms” that come with Fourth of July firework shows and barbeques. Keep on scrolling to check out these festivities and more going on in Columbia this weekend!

1. Lake Murray Boat Parade

Source

Saturday, July 2nd at noon will be the annual boat parade on Lake Murray. It is recommended that you watch the parade on a boat, but it will also be viewable from the park sites at the Lake Murray dam. It is free to participate in and watch the parade!

2. Lake Murray Fireworks

Source

Stick around after the boat parade for the annual fireworks show beginning at dusk. Fireworks can be seen from the two parks at the Lake Murray dam and the Dreher Island State Park. Z93.1FM, B106.7FM, and NASH ICON 98.5FM will all be playing music synchronized to the fireworks show.

3. “Star Spangled Symphonic Salute” at Saluda Shoals Park

Source

The Lake Murray Symphony Orchestra will be performing a variety of patriotic pieces on Sunday, July 3rd at 8:00 PM. The event will take place at the River Center at Saluda Shoals Park, situated at 5605 Old Bush River Road. The event is free with park admission.

4. Lexington County Peach Festival

Source

This annual festival happens on the 4th of July each year at the Gilbert Community Park on Rikard Circle in Gilbert. The event begins with a red, white, and blue parade at 9:30 AM and concludes with a fireworks display at 10:00 PM. Coordinating events include the Peachy Art Contest and the Peach Pageants.

5. Military Appreciation Day at EdVenture

Source

This Fourth of July, let your inner kid out at EdVenture Children’s Museum on Gervais Street. All military personnel and their dependents get in free with a valid ID. Dependents 12 and under will also receive a free lunch.

6. Columbia Fireflies

Source

What’s more American than baseball? Not much! On the Fourth of July the Columbia Fireflies will be playing the Charleston Riverdogs at 7:05 PM. Military with a valid ID will receive a $2 discount on All-Star or Reserved seats. Fireworks will follow the game.

Reach out to us on social media using the tag #HCSCSummer and show us how you celebrate! Have a safe and happy Fourth, collegiettes!

Cassie Sobers

South Carolina

Cassie is a Management and Marketing major at the University of South Carolina. She is an outgoing and adventurous person, and an avid runner. When she is not writing for Her Campus or training for a race, you can find her browsing Pinterest for a creative project to tackle, reading a good book, or cooking a delicious meal.
SC Contributor

South Carolina