The 9 Stages of Studying for Midterms According to “Stranger Things”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

It may not feel like it here in South Carolina, but fall is finally here and with it comes all our favorite almost-sweater-weather activities. It’s no surprise that midterms are probably the last thing on your mind. We’re all excited for the return of “Stranger Things” this month so here’s the stages of studying for midterms as told by the Hawkins crew. You’ll probably be binge watching Netflix instead of studying anyway.

1. Procrastination

You have plenty of time to study for that test this week! Your friends keep asking you to come out with them? Go! It’s totally fine! 

2. Panic

Suddenly it’s the night before your 8 am exam, and you haven’t even opened the book in weeks. You’ll just have to cram and hope for the best. 

3. Collecting Supplies

You gather your arsenal of books, pens, papers, highlighters and snacks (mostly snacks) and settle in for the long night ahead.

4. Confusion

You don’t remember ever seeing these terms before. Is this even the right book? Somehow you haven’t learned anything in the eight weeks you’ve been in this class. 

5. Caffeine 

Coffee is every procrastinator’s best friend. You’ll have to keep chugging to survive your all-nighter. 

6. Distraction

Literally anything is more interesting than whatever it is you’re studying.  You alternate scrolling through Twitter and Instagram, watching Netflix and crawling back to the kitchen for more snacks. 

7. Despair

It’s the middle of the night, and you’re exhausted. You’re out of coffee, your head hurts from all this probably useless knowledge and you just want to go to bed. 

8. Powering Through

You’ve made it this far, there’s no way you’re giving up now. Just a few more chapters and you can finally get some rest. 

9. Victory

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully all that hard work pays off, and you’ll ace that exam. 

Good luck!