absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

These are the Best Donuts in Dallas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Donuts are a classic breakfast item and typically tend to be a crowd pleaser, especially now that donuts come gluten free and in many other ways, shapes and sizes. With over 900 donut shops in DFW, we picked our top favorites to narrow your search.

Mustang Donuts: 6601 Hillcrest Ave.

This classic has been around long before the current college student’s time, and has been filling the stomachs of Texans in the Dallas area for years. They stick to their old school roots and only take cash, but this donut shop makes you feel welcomed and right at home within the Highland Park community.

Hypnotic Donuts: 9007 Garland Rd.

With crazy donuts like the Evil Elvis, which features a yeast raised donut with peanut butter, honey, banana, and bacon, this place is cranking out a donut for everyone’s taste buds. Other donuts worth trying include: Blueberry Fritter, Mount Saint Hell Yeah and Expresso Yo Self.

Top Pot Doughnuts: 2937 Greenville Ave.

This shop was started in Seattle, but its popularity brought it to Dallas and we couldn’t be happier. Specializing in old fashion donuts, this place is the place to go for those days you are just craving a donut.

Yummy Donuts: 4355 Lovers Ln.

With friendly employees and delicious flavors that you can’t find at other donut shops, Yummy Donuts lives up to its name. Make sure to check out the Green Tea donut and the Chocolate Kiss.

Glazed Donut Works: 2644 Elm St.

They make all their toppings, fillings and glazes in house everday, and the donuts themselves are made of broiche dough. With Vegan donuts available, and customer favorites including the Donut Grilled Cheese and the Strawberry Shortcake donut, Glazed Donut Works is a must try on your list.

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
We are the SMU Team.