This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Spring break is only in three weeks and no matter where you are going you’re going to need clothes. Some of us may just revenge through our closets for our swimsuits and short shorts, but some may desperately need a fresh wardrobe. Where you buy your spring break attire depends on your style, personality, and obviously where you’re going.

If you are making a getaway to somewhere warm you may need some new swim gear. Swimsuits really depend on your body type. Unless you know what you like make sure to try on the suits in the store. If you aren’t sure what kind of swimsuit looks best on you, Victoria’s Secret has lots of basic options to help you figure it out (and their having a sale right now). If you’ve been shedding pounds for your trip and you buy the wrong swimsuit it all goes to waste. So make sure you find the right suit for your body type. Also look at sundancebeach.com, PacSun, thegirlandthewater.com, and Aerie for cute suits. 

Free People, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21 always have good basics for hot weather. Forever 21 can be stressful so don’t spend too much time there or you will start convincing yourself the ugly clothes are cute. JCrew has very cute shorts in so many colors. They’re great to stock up on and appropriate for school when you get back. If you are looking for some cute dresses look on NastyGal, Tobi, Asos, Revolve and Esther. Tobi always has huge sales and cute dresses to wear on the beach or out on the town. You can find cute and cheap sandals at DSW. They carry most designer brands and sell them for much less. It’s good to have some cute sandals but the most comfortable and sturdy shoes are Rainbows. They last forever. If you need a new pair of glasses look at Sunglass Hut, they are always having sales and carry all the best brands. If you’re like me and constantly lose your sunglasses, find some cheaper ones which you won’t be too upset about if you lose them.

Don’t stress yourself out about spring break, you won’t need as many clothes as you think you do. No matter where you go just make sure you have the basics. Tanning oil, sunglasses, sandals, swimsuit, phone charger, purse, sun dress, shorts, and a couple cute tops. That’s really all you need. 

SMU Class of 2015 Temerlin School of AdvertisingAdvertising Major Graphic Design Minor