13 Costumes for You and Your Bestie this Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

You know what they say. Hoes before bros, chicks before d!cks, ovaries before brovaries. Maybe you don’t have a boyfriend or a girlfriend or a significant other of any kind, or maybe you just know your besties are gonna be way more fun to dress up with than your partner will. And what is more fun than matching costumes for you and your BFF? Nothing! Your best friend will match your enthusiasm, you can swap closets for ideas, and there is something that is extra fun about having a girlfriend to color in your Mario and Luigi hats together. So here we go collegiettes, some of our funnest bestie Halloween costumes, from the clichéd, to the wild, to the punny. 

1. Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy

Everyone is going to be Harley and Joker after the release of Suicide Squad, but how about shaking it up and going as the number one girl gang from the comics? Their relationship is so much more fun anyway, plus who doesn’t want to be a baddie?

2. Starter Pokémon

Since Pokémon GO has been such a big smash this year, why don’t you show your love for the series and the game by dressing up as the starter Pokémon? You’ll be the stars of the party as Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle? Do you have a fourth friend? Make her a Pikachu, and you’re all set!

3. Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj 

If you and your girl are both queens and you can’t decide who is the bigger star, just pair up as Nicki and Bey from the Feeling Myself video. These ladies are evenly matched, and they’re both incredible. No need to call Becky with the good hair, everyone else will be wanting to be you.

4. Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde, and Assitant Mayor Bellwether 

Who didn’t love Zootopia? Don’t lie, you thought it was precious. And if you didn’t, it’s because you didn’t appreciate the movie enough. Why not bring in your wilde side and get the girls to be these cute and hilarious animals?

5. C3PO and BB8

With more Star Wars coming out ever so fast, you can bring in your vintage and your voguing side by dressing up as these two bots. You’re the original series and it’s newest reboot, and you’ll be the droids everyone is looking for. 

6. Woody and Buzz Lightyear

Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold, and the old Girl Scout adage sang. This can go for Halloween costumes too; the ideas you had when you were kids can be just as great now that you are grown ups. Put a new spin on it and play those classic toys. 

7. Black and White Swans

This works for the ballet lovers and the movie lovers alike when you go as the bird duo from Black Swan. The movie includes the plot of the ballet Swan Lake; just make sure you keep your toes pointed so that you don’t piss off those dance majors!

8. Tin Man, Dorothy, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow

Follow, follow, follow the squad to your best Halloween when you dress as the cast of The Wizard of Oz. And yes, if you have a dog, you can include her too as Toto, obviously the most vital member of Dorothy’s group. 

9. Lilo and Stitch

Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten, especailly at the club. That’s how it goes, right?

10. Sharkboy and Lava Girl

This movie was hilariously bad, so you’ll be the talk of the night when everyone sees your blast from the past costumes. This duo works incredibly well whether you have a best guy friend, your boyfriend is your best friend, or even if you and your best girl want to gender bend the costumes. The sky, or rather Dreamland, is the limit!

11. Holy Guacamole and Holy Cow

This costume is for the girls who love puns, and who aren’t afraid to keep re-explaining their costumes all night. If you and your girl are up for yhr challenge, then go for it, because this one is gonna be a riot. 

12. Spongebob and Patrick

F is for Friends who do stuff together. Clearly you and your bestie should fish out these costumes, because there is no denying your friendship.

13. Mario and Luigi

Yes this was me and my best friend last year. Yes we did make it entirely from pieces we gathered from Walmart and Target. Yes we colored the hats ourselves. Yes it was the funnest costume I’ve ever had. And yes, I don’t really mind using my own costume for my own article. We are besties.

SaveSave

Moriah is a Senior at Southern Methodist University majoring in English and Psychology. She is currently the Campus Correspondent of the HCSMU chapter, and has held the positions of Senior Editor, Profile Editor and Associate Editor. She is also a member of the Alpha Xi chapter of Gamma Phi Beta. She loves coffee and satire, and she is not a morning person.
We are the SMU Team.