This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

As a college student, it’s all too tempting to submit to the fact that you’re overworked, exhausted 24/7, constantly doing homework, and rarely know which way is up. But despite the late nights studying, horrible diet, and dangerously low bank account, there is still hope for your morale. Here are a few things to remember.There is no one path to take in life, no one formula that promises success, or no one way to live your life. We can only do our best until we know we can do better, so don’t worry if you feel stuck. Our perception of ‘best’ is changing with every day and every new experience that challenges us.

The company you keep is a reflection of yourself. We need strong support systems to help challenge us to be better, remind us what’s right, and lend a helping hand when we need one.

Life becomes so much easier when we learn how to look at a bad situation in a positive light. See each failed test as an opportunity to get better instead of a bad grade. Remember that every all nighter you pull will be followed by the most relieving nap you’ve had all year. Think of every long work shift as a pocket full of cash to spend at the end of the week. This, I think, is the key to being a happier person.

You shouldn’t feel bad to choose yourself. Sometimes we spend so much time and energy thinking about others, that we forget to think of ourselves. It’s okay to put yourself first every once in awhile. If you can’t take care of yourself, then you can’t take care of others.

One of the best things you can do for yourself is to see the beauty in the little things. Find the hidden beauty everywhere you go. Once you are able to do this, then you are able to truly see the good side of life, even when others can only see the bad.  

Sources:

Photo source 1: www.pinterest.com/

Photo source 2: www.pinterest.com/

Photo source 3: http://brittanickel.tumblr.com/post/60049016457

Photo source 4: www.pinterest.com/

Photo source 5: www.pinterest.com/

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.