7 Tips for Transitioning your Wardrobe from Winter to Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Still seeing snow but thinking sun? Us, too! With the warm weather not too far away, and Spring Break just around the corner, it’s time to start switching out those warm layers in your closet for some classic spring styles. We’ve put together a few tips to help with the wardrobe revamp…

#1 Swap out those heavy winter jackets for cute spring blazers & jackets

No need to bundle up as the weather gets warmer! Put those heavy winter layers away until next year and invest in some spring-friendly blazers or jackets if you haven’t already. They’re versatile, so you can dress them down for a day in class, or dress them up for a night out with the girls!

This leather jacket from ASOS is perfect for day to night!

#2 Colors, colors, colors- make them bright!

Bright pieces are all the rage for spring. Leave the darks for those cold winter months. When the sun comes out, shine just as brightly in vibrant, “electric” colors.

#3 Patterns & florals

What’s more appropriate for spring than floral? But don’t stop there; try to mix and match floral with other patterns. Take some risks to develop your own personal style!

Fashionista Olivia Palermo mixing florals with different colors & prints!

#4 Show some skin- sheer is in!

And no, we don’t mean a lot of skin. But a little bit of sheer here and there adds a flirty touch to any outfit.

Rihanna’s bombshell red dress had the perfect balance!

#5 Dresses & skirts

This should be a no-brainer. But hey, for those dresses you wore through the cold winter months, toss the tights aside. You can apply any of the previous tips to your dresses and skirts collection; brights, florals, you name it! Take the opportunity to venture out of your comfort zone; some dresses can get repetitive, so throw in a crazy pattern here and there!

#6 Roll up those pants for a cute cropped look.

Pants can definitely be a year-round staple in your wardrobe. To switch it up for spring, grab your favorite pair of skinny jeans or colored pants and simply roll up the bottoms to just at or a little above your ankles.

Jessica Biel rocks the rolled-up look.

#7 Accessories!

Statement sunglasses and necklaces should be a staple in everyone’s wardrobe. Make it bold! Statement accessories are a great way to dress up any outfit.

Photo Sources:

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/6/3/5/9/2689536/buttermilk/image1xl.jpg

http://thefrontrow-tfr.blogspot.com/2012/04/featured-floral-pants.html

http://www.newsgab.com/attachments/celebrity-pictures/524607d1360609804-rihanna-red-dress-55th-annual-grammy-awards-5.jpg

http://www.posh24.com/street_style/the_street_is_my_runway_this_weeks_top_10_street_style_looks

Juliana is a senior Media Studies, Journalism and Digital Arts major with a minor in Global Studies at St. Michael's College. She serves as managing editor for her college newspaper (The Defender), is an online student ambassador for St. Mike's, writes a personal style blog (littlecupofj.com) and is an editorial intern at WellWed Magazine. Juliana hopes to move back to Cape Town after graduation, where she spent her spring 2014 semester abroad and work as a magazine editor or as an online/social media coordinator. Her favorites include blogging, all things pink, peonies & proteas, elephants, iced coffee, whistling, running and catch phrases.
Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.