5 Halloween Activities in Burlington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Halloween is a great holiday: costume parties, Jack-O-Lanterns, and an excuse to eat candy! Take advantage of the great fall weather and do something festive before it’s too cold! We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Halloween activities- check it out!

1) Do you love a good ghost story? Then the Queen City Ghost Walk is for you! Queen City Ghost Walk offers three tours: one of UVM’s legendary spots, one of Lake View Cemetery, and one of Downtown Burlington’s most haunted locations! The tours: “Recount tales of serial killers, folks gone mad, and ghosts in general.” These tours are offered on Friday and Saturday nights at 7 p.m. throughout October. Tickets are $13.50 in advance or $15 at the tour, though it is recommended they are bought in advance on their website.

2) Nothing says Halloween quite like a good scare and at Nightmare Vermont, scaring you is exactly what they’re trying to do! Located in South Burlington, Nightmare Vermont is a scary, interactive haunted house that boasts “cinema-level” theatrics! They allow entrance every half hour Thursday through Sunday. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door, and can be purchased on their website.

3) The Haunted Forest is a Halloween tradition in Williston! Less scary than Nightmare Vermont, guides will take you on an hour-long stroll throughout trails in the woods while visiting sets where scary stories are acted out. In-between sets, the trails are lit by 1,000 Jack-O-Lanterns. The Haunted Forest runs every hour, Thursday through Saturday nights. Tickets are $12.50. For more information, check out their website.

4) Go down to Church Street! On Saturday October 27, Church Street Marketplace will be having a Halloween Parade and Celebration. There will be trick or treating and giveaways in the stores and restaurants of the Marketplace, followed by a Halloween parade. Festivities begin at 10:30 a.m. and the parade starts at noon. The Halloween Celebration is free, and more details can be found on the Church Street Marketplace website.

5) If you want to combine your love of costumes with a love of the outdoors, be sure to check out the 2nd Annual Burlington Halloween Bike Ride! On Sunday, October 28, there will be an escorted parade around Burlington that ends in a Halloween party. Costumes are encouraged; there will be prizes awarded for the best costume and the best decorated bike. The Bike Ride is free and open to bikers, skateboarders, and in-liners of all ages! Check out their Facebook page!

There are plenty of festivities going on in Burlington, so grab your friends and make sure to have some Halloween themed fun! 

Photo Source:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Burlington-Halloween-Bike-Ride/21184145888…

Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.