Skidmore Women In Business

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

We sat down with the co-presidents of Skidmore Women In Business Lyssa Jackson ‘16 and Emma Marshall ‘16.

HC: What is WIB?

WIB: Founded in Fall of 2013, Skidmore Women in Business (WIB) strives to engage dynamic women across all disciplines to engage in leadership in the classroom, the workplace, and the world. In all that it does, Skidmore WIB’s actions stem from four pillars which are core to its mission: Leadership, Connection, Professionalism, and Philanthropy. Through bi-weekly meetings that cover a range of topics, WIB has become one the most active and highly attended clubs on campus with over 40 loyal members.

HC: What is the goal of WIB for the Skidmore community?

WIB: Through events including the WIB Talks speakers series, social media campaigns, and high-impact fundraisers, WIB has also engaged and brought together the Skidmore and Saratoga Springs community. In 2015, Skidmore Women in Business was named Skidmore’s Club of the Year in recognition of its profound effect on the culture of the campus and the community in such a short time.

HC: What do we have to look for from WIB this semester?

WIB: Since it’s founding, WIB has facilitated the travel of over 50 Skidmore student to 5 Women in Business conferences at Harvard University, Harvard Business School, and the Wharton School of Business at University of Pennsylvania. Most recently, the organization brought 18 WIB members to the Harvard Women in Business Intercollegiate Convention in Boston, MA. On April 16th, 2016, Skidmore Women in Business will host a conference titled, “Creative Thought Leads: Liberal Arts and Business smarts.” This conference aims connect the college’s current student population with dynamic thought leaders and top c-suite executives.The all day event will consist of a series of panels, speakers and networking events.

HC: Tell us a little bit about the upcoming conference.

HC: Why should we go to the upcoming conference?

WIB: If you are interested in joining WIB or the WIB Conference, please reach out to both Cen Liang (cliang@skidmore.edu) and Savannah Lansing (slansing@skidmore.edu), the current Co-Presidents of Skidmore WIB. You can also stay up-to-date via our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SkidmoreWIB/).

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.