6 Best Winter Dates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

The cold of winter—and of course, finals week—can make you want to do nothing but sit around at home under the covers with hot chocolate and a good dose of Netflix, but winter can also be a great time do go on some really cute dates! So don’t let the cold and the cram sessions get you down; think about how much fun you had during snow days in elementary school and channel that energy!

Here at Her Campus Skidmore, we are all about coming up with creative dates for you and your sweetheart. Whether you just met or have been together for years, you’ll want to try these fun (and mostly inexpensive) ways to warm your spirits during the holiday season.

Go Ice-skating

Ice-skating is the summer equivalent of mini-golfing; it allows for all sorts of flirty physical contact. If you’re a great ice skater, let him catch you! Don’t be afraid to show off a little bit—it’ll show your confidence, which is irresistible to guys. If you’re an ice-skating newbie, hold onto him for support – make him think you can’t possibly do it without him (because who doesn’t like feeling needed?). And what’s better than holding hands to warm up your frozen fingers?

Have a Movie Marathon

If you really can’t force yourself out of your house because it’s just too damn cold—and you don’t have all the time in the world to take a study break—why not spend some time in with your cuddle buddy? Grab some popcorn and some hot chocolate and settle into the couch for a long day—or night—of snuggling. Don’t forget to drape yourselves in blankets (and each other) and get cozy!

Take a Snow Day

When the cold, dead world outside turns into a winter wonderland, why not spend some time outside with your boo? Have a snowball fight and bring out your competitive, flirty side; build a snowman and have fun creating something silly together; or go sledding and hold on to one another for dear life! There’s nothing more fun than just being yourself and goofing off with someone you like, so snowsuit up and get out there!

Cozy Up in a Coffee Shop

Meet up with your date at a coffee shop and settle in for some warm drinks and good conversation. Watch the snow fall outside while you’re all toasty inside and enjoy just spending some time talking to one another! Check out this guide to our 4 favorite Saratoga Springs cafés.

[pagebreak]

Cook Dinner Together

This is the best way to get literal and make metaphorical sparks start flying! If you’re 21, grab some wine and class it up; if not, just cook up something delicious and impress your sweetie. Stuck with only a dorm kitchen at your disposal? Try these 5 super-easy recipes you can make in minutes in the dorm kitchen!

Go Somewhere Fancy

Chances are you haven’t gotten all glammed up since senior prom, so choose a fancy restaurant and plan a super classy date. This is the best because you get to feel grown up and put together! Don’t forget about the moment when you get to take off your big winter jacket and reveal your super sexy, glamorous outfit. Be sure to let your prince charming sweep you off your feet and treat you like a princess for the night.

There’s no better way to beat the cold and release some finals stress than to enjoy a cuddly, cozy date with your favorite Campus Cutie. Make sure to score one of these winter-weather dates before the semester is over!

What’s your favorite winter date? Tell us in the comments!

Ileana is a senior at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York. She lives in Eugene, Oregon when not at school. Ileana is studying Sociology and English. She loves writing, decorating clothing, and spending time with friends. You can also check out her personal blog at http://sometimesiweartiaras.wordpress.com/. Thanks for reading!