Kathryn Anderson ’19 – Her Campus Siena Staff Member & Future HCS Campus Correspondent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Ever wonder who the wonderful ladies are behind the Her Campus Siena articles? This semester you’ll find out! Check back in every now and then for our profiles of each member of the amazing Her Campus Siena team. 

Name: Kathryn Anderson

Year: 2019 / Sophomore

Major: Marketing with a minor in English

Hometown: Hicksville, New York

HC Siena: Why did you choose your major? 

KA: I think that Siena’s School of Business is stellar, and so I wanted to choose a major within it. Marketing is a versatile field and relies heavily upon various disciplines like statistics, science, psychology, sociology, product design, and different aspects of business. Also, I want my career to be either in Marketing, Public Relations, or Crisis Communications, and I believe that the Marketing major best prepares me for those careers.

HC Siena: Why did you want to get involved with Her Campus Siena? 

KA: At first, I figured that Her Campus Siena would be a great way to meet new girls and get more involved on campus. After becoming an active part in HC Siena, I learned more about Her Campus as an organization and now I love so much of what Her Campus stands for. Plus, I’ve made new friends and have found a great avenue to write.

HC Siena: What is your favorite part of working with Her Campus? 

KA: I love how the Her Campus members write independently, but then are able to come together during events or meetings and act as a cohesive group filled with different ideas and viewpoints. I really enjoy the diversity in terms of majors, outside interests, desired career paths, views and beliefs, and personalities.

HC Siena: Out of all the articles you have written, which one is your favorite and why? 

KA: “A Day in the Life of a Siena Squirrel” is definitely my favorite. I wrote this feature not knowing that it was going to be read by so many people, and that I was going to get such positive feedback on it from friends and people on campus I barely knew.

HC Siena: What is something that makes you happy? 

KA: Something that makes me happy is seeing my hard work pay off, especially school work. I set high expectations for myself, and I try to work until I meet or exceed those expectations. Sometimes things don’t work out as I hoped they would, and that gives me more motivation to try harder for next time. But when the time comes that I see my hard work pay off, I am always so proud of myself and push myself to continue to do well.

HC Siena: What would your memoir be called and why? 

KA: “No, I Will Not Say ‘Coffee’ or ‘Dog’ For You” because whenever I leave Long Island, people almost always ask me to repeat certain words that typical Long Islanders pronounce in an odd way.

HC Siena: If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring? 

KA: I would bring my best friends so we can keep each other sane, and when we go insane at least we’ll be able to laugh about it together, SPF 100 because I have to protect myself from the sun’s harsh UV rays, otherwise my mom won’t be too happy with me, and a refreshing drink to enjoy the island (even if I’m not voluntarily there!).

HC Siena: Why do you think everyone should read Her Campus Siena? 

KA: Siena is a small community, and I think that Her Campus Siena provides great insight to some of the various voices within the community. So many of the Her Campus Siena writers are doing pretty spectacular things with their lives, and plenty of people in the Siena Community are being featured on our website and have the opportunity to talk about what they’re doing, and it’s absolutely worth reading.

Rep Image Credits: Emma Burkard

First Photo Credits: Emma Burkard