5 Way to “Treat Yo Self” During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Source

That not-so-wonderful time of the year is approaching – that difficult week of finals, essays, and general insanity before we can finally go home for a long, well-deserved Christmas break. Finals week is a rough time and, despite what you may think, squeezing time in for some relaxation will benefit your studying in the end. So, in the words of Aziz Ansari and Retta, here are five ways to “treat yo self” during finals.

1. Order food one night before all of your friends go home – Take a short break from studying to get Chinese food or pizza with your friends. Turn on the holiday music during dinner and talk about something other than finals. You won’t see everyone for a month, so enjoy each other’s company before everyone retreats back into their caves to work.

Source

2. Take some extra time to pamper yourself – Use a nice-smelling lotion after showering or give yourself a manicure after a long night of homework. Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself, whether it be straightening your hair or just taking a long shower. That extra boost of confidence might just be enough to get you through one more hour of calc or that last page of your English essay.

Source

3. After taking a final, indulge in some Netflix – You just worked through a two-hour exam! You deserve at least a half hour of TV or even a full-length movie if you feel that you can afford giving up that time. Be careful not to binge-watch, though – that’s what break is for!

Source

4. If you can, get off campus – If your tests are scheduled far apart from each other, you may have a few days where you have nothing but studying to do. No one can study 24/7, and you may just need some time away from the frenzy that is a college campus during finals. Go to Crossgates for some shopping or just go out for coffee or frozen yogurt. If you can’t leave campus because of your testing schedule, try going to the gym for a quick stress release. If you’re not in the mood for a full workout, walking around the track is always a great way to de-stress.

Source

5. Remember to sleep – It may seem so unnecessary during finals week, but the best thing you can do for yourself during this busy time is to get enough sleep. After a long day of studying, taking tests, and packing for break, sleeping is the perfect way to “treat yo self”. Avoid staying up late to cram as much as you can. Your body will thank you in the end.       

Source

After allowing yourself some relaxation time, you will be more than ready to take on those tests!

Source

Kristen Perrone is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.