This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

How to Make Taco Dip That Everyone Will Love

Let’s face it, we all love some type of Mexican food. But sometimes we don’t have to time to make those dishes to bring to a party. I’m going to tell you how you can do just that and beyond while the prep for this dip is only 10 minutes, and it’ll be ready in the same amount of time.

Ingredients:

1. 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened – The cream cheese can be a pain to mix when it’s fresh out of the fridge, so I suggest leaving it out for about twenty minutes to a half an hour.
  2. 1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream – The nonfat is only a suggestion. Choose whatever kind of sour cream you would like to use.
  3. 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix

The first three ingredients on this list are an absolute must, but the few I name below are purely based on what you want the toppings to be. You can have all of these or only two, whatever you prefer to use is up to you. 

1. 1/4 head iceberg lettuce – rinsed, dried, and shredded – or you can buy a package of shredded lettuce.
  2. 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese – again this is solely based on preference, any type of cheese works.
  3. 3 chopped tomatoes
  4. 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  5. 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, drained

Next what you will need is a medium sized mixing bowl. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning together. You will know you are done mixing when it comes to a smooth, thick, pink color. Put the mixture in a 9-inch (or larger) serving dish. After you have done that, add your toppings. Place the dip in the refrigerator (covered) for about a half an hour or an until you are ready to eat it! Tostitos scoops or any type of chip works to dip.

Enjoy! 

Wherever I am right now, I probably have my dog with me.
Cat enthusiast. Traveler. Aspiring PR professional.