Lumberjack Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

In honor of tomorrow’s huge game, and the team’s hard work throughout the season, we want to recognize the SFA Football team as Campus Celebrities.

With an undefeated record in home and conference games for the 2012 season, the football team has worked tirelessly to prove their strengths.

Lumberjack fans are on a victory high after watching the team battle against the Central Arkansas Bears and the rainy weather last Saturday. We plan to see many more fans traveling today and tomorrow to Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas to see the Lumberjacks defeat No. 9 Sam Houston State Bearkats.

With the help of dedicated players and coaches, Lumberjacks will make Saturday’s game the second-straight game against a ranked opponent.

J.C. Harper, the 18th head coach of the SFA Lumberjack football team, has guided SFA to two conference titles and NCAA playoff appearances. We’re hoping this year will increase his record, and help the Lumberjacks capture their third conference win under his guidance.

With players such as sophomore running back, Gus Johnson, a College Sporting News National Weekly All-Star, junior, Brady Attaway, a hopeful for the list of all-time great quarterbacks, and senior Cordell Roberson, SFA and Southland Conference’s all-time leader in touchdown receptions, fans are hopeful for the Lumberjack victory in the 2nd oldest Texas football rivalry, Battle of the Piney Woods.

Make sure you continue to follow the journey of the Lumberjack football team in their upcoming games!

10/06/12 vs. Sam Houston State Reliant Stadium — Houston, Texas 3:00 p.m. CT
10/20/12 vs. Nicholls Nacogdoches, Texas 3:00 p.m. CT
10/27/12 at McNeese State Lake Charles, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
11/03/12 vs. Lamar Nacogdoches, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT
11/10/12 at Southeastern Louisiana Hammond, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
11/17/12 vs. Northwestern State Nacogdoches, Texas

Axe ‘Em Jacks! 

Kayla Borens is a senior from Stephen F Austin State University pursuing a degree in Public Communications. She has been selected as a recipient for the 2012 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and graduate of Kilgore Junior College. Kayla currently interns for pr firm CasMacPR, and teaches Zumba! She is also an active member in a Christian youth group, The TURNAROUND in East Texas, as well as a supporting sister of younger brother, Spencer and older sister, Selena. Her post-graduation plans include working in Texas pursuing a career in public relations and social media and making her parents proud. :) You can follow her via Twitter @PR_incess_KayB & @creativedream_.