9 Things I Don’t Feel Bad About Enjoying- And You Shouldn’t Either

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

1. Trash TV

Why do I feel like the amount of crap we get for watching reality TV shows is infinitely less than the crap we give guys for playing video games? Spend as much time as you want watching those beautiful brides say yes to the dress!

2. Nail Care

I love a good manicure. Sometimes I Instagram my nails. No shame. I think they look great, and I want everyone to see how much my hard work and patience has paid off.

3. Spending an entire day in the kitchen

“Women don’t belong in the kitchen anymore! They’re hard workers now!” Blah, blah, blah. Tell me what you want and I’ll cook it for you. Chances are, I’ll clean up the mess I made too. And then I’ll probably mop the floor and wipe the counters because I love a clean kitchen.

4. Reading celebrity gossip

Everyone does it, even if it’s unintentional. I love knowing what kind of trouble the Biebs got himself into this week, or what crazy stunt Miley pulled on stage.

5. Shopping

It seriously is a form of therapy. Nothing seems to bother me anymore after a day of shopping, except maybe my bank account statement.

6. Good hair days

It’s bound to be a good day if my hair looks half decent in this humid town, so let me enjoy it while it lasts. It’s such a struggle to get it to stay put in the first place, so please don’t touch it. I don’t care if you think it looks so soft or so bouncy, you can admire it from afar.

7. Getting dressed up for absolutely no reason

So I want to wear heels and a dress just for dinner with my best friend. So what?

8. A second plate of food at Thanksgiving

Or third… I mean, whatever, it’s a holiday. Eat as much as you want. This is a day to give thanks for your friends, your family, and that delicious stuffing that your mom makes better than anyone else ever could.

9. Being myself

I love myself. I love completely humiliating myself around my best friends, and I love that they may laugh at me, but they never judge me or love me any less. I enjoy being me. So many girls are uptight and completely reserved when they’re around friends. What’s the fun in that!? Make a fool out of yourself, and remember to laugh!

I'm a junior at SCAD Savannah where I study Advertising. I've also been lucky to travel to SCAD Hong Kong for fall quarter of my junior year. This is my second year writing for Her Campus and I'm really enjoying it. I love the Red Sox, country music, playing golf and being with my friends. I hope you enjoy my posts!