High Top Converse – A Must Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Perhaps one of my favorite purchases of recent, or of all time, are my high top white Converse. Now I know I am by no means a fashion blogger, but I am a blogger of obsessions and this is definitely one of mine. Generally speaking, Converse are awesome. They are the perfect way to add edge to an outfit, or to dress it down. 

I had been thinking of grabbing a pair of high tops for myself for a while, considering my black normal ones had trekked all across Europe and looked as such. So, I finally splurged about two weeks ago (well, maybe not splurge, but 55 dollars to a college student is a bit of a splurge) and I got them! Needless to say, I have been quite obsessed. I have worn them almost every other day. Now, if I didn’t see the same people everyday, I probably would’ve worn them everyday. But, I figured that it might be a little much. 

This has made my getting ready in the morning far simpler, considering I am usually a hot mess after practice and looking ‘presentable’ for class is often a struggle. My new go-to outfit is my Converse with leggings and an oversized T-shirt. Essentially, the northern girl’s version of the southern school’s typical huge T-shirt and running shorts– because there is more snow than sun around here. They are also great because you can wear leggings or cropped pants with them. Although this post didn’t have much advice in fashion or in life, I just wanted to share my excitement over a pair of shoes, something that rarely happens.

Image: converse.com 

I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.