These Boots Were Made for Walkin’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

There’s no question this winter has been one of the worst winters we’ve seen in years, and there’s no doubt in my mind this thaw is going to be rough. If last week’s floods were any indication, this spring is going to be a soggy one and let’s face it ladies, our Uggs won’t keep our feet dry when we have to trudge to class through the football field. 

Last Thursday when life was rainy and incredibly soggy, I walked into my business law class rocking my rain boots. Two freshmen girls told me they liked my boots and then lamented the fact they themselves didn’t own a pair and their socks were soaked. I really don’t understand why rainboots are never listed on those “Things You Never Knew You Needed for College” lists because I never leave my dorm on a rainy day without them. We spend so much time walking across campus that for me, they are a rainy day MUST HAVE. There are few things I hate more than being cold and having cold, wet feet is one of my worst nightmares. Here’s a pic of my boots! Aren’t they grand?

Granted, they aren’t the ultra-fabulous Hunter boots, but they were $8 at Menards and I am incredibly in love with them. Rainy days are so gloomy, so instead of buying boring old black wellies, I opted for a bright, extremely colorful pair to liven up my mood and my day! 

Not about that wild and crazy rain boot life? Well, if you want to keep your feet dry and still want to look glamorous, Hunters are pretty much the new “it” thing. They’re a bit pricier, but they are pretty much becoming the new Uggs. I’ve already seen girls on campus rocking their Hunters with leggings or skinny jeans and totally owning it. 

Even our favorite celebs have been flaunting their rain boot style! Who knew rainy day style could be so chic?

Photo courtesy of: http://www.lovethoseshoes.co.za/2012/07/celebrities-love-hunter-boots-2/

Are you nervous about rain boots? That maybe they aren’t cool or you’ll look weird clunking around in your rubber boots? Throw on some chunky knee high socks or some leg warmers underneath because rain boots aren’t necessarily the warmest and also because they’re an easy accessory to pull your outfit together. Not convinced? This fashion blogger went above and beyond to work her rain boots into her every day outfits to become her latest wardrobe staple.

Photo courtesy of: http://www.outfitposts.com/2013/12/2013-in-review-outfit-posts-hunter.html

Her Campus at SAU