This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Back home, you had the luxury of magazine subscriptions or picking one up at your supermarket, but what about now? Sure, you can stay abreast of celebrity news and trends with the vast variety of online offerings, but is there anything that speaks to you? Your current location, surroundings, situation? For a school as diverse, large, and popular as our very own Rutgers we have quite the array of outlets for attaining our news and likes of magazines. However, did you know we also have a high-end fashion and lifestyle magazine right here in our very own “Hub City?”

In 2015, TRIM, was voted as the “#1 Student-Run College Fashion Magazine” by Style Caster. Published physically and online, semiannually, TRIM, brands itself as “Rutgers’ #1 publication dedicated to providing the university’s community with a variety of topics ranging from lifestyle, culture, and fashion. We are an entirely student-run organization, which means all content of design, photography, articles, and administration has been created by a talented group of current students from various majors throughout the New Brunswick, NJ campus.”

All of the work you see in TRIM is carefully brainstormed, planned out, and designated by a talented, friendly team of your own peers in the same open meeting spaces where you eat, study, and meet your own friends. Laid out in a rather contemporary but easily navigable structure, TRIM features opinion, sports, eat & drink, “geek”, music, life, love, style, beauty, and model citizen pieces; all of your essential pieces to an easy, worthy, and consuming read. Best of all? Most, of the inspiration and reference comes from local and relatable sources, so instead of yearning to visit some featured hot spot thousands of miles away, you can rest assured it’ll be only a few bus stops away. Coming soon is also a further development of their online website which will curate online-exclusive material to supplement their highly anticipated semiannual physical issues.

So, next time you’re teeming to learn more about your fellow city, the trends, conversations, and talents of those around you hop on over to their website or their online versions of their past issues and binge away.

Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.