This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Hairstyles come and go. Some of them are great and some not so much. Here are a few of the trending hairstyles we loved!

Kendall J’s Sleek Ponytail

This look is very versatile because you can dress it up or down. If you’re running late to class you can simply part your hair down the middle and put your hair in a low ponytail. Cover your hair tie by wrapping pieces of your hair around it.  Pair the look with stud earrings and you no longer have a bad hair day. However, if you’re going to a  fancy dinner or girls night out you can just dress it up with your favorite cocktail dress.

French Braids

If you know how to braid, this look is super easy and cute. French braids can turn a bad hair day into a great one! There are a ton of options when it comes to french braids. You can go classic with a single braid or twin braids, or mix it up by braiding one side and pulling it into a ponytail. The possibilities are endless.

If you don’t know how to french braid, try a faux-braid for similar results.

The Lob

With Spring coming, the need for something fresh also applies to hair! Cut off those old, dead ends into a chic lob, perfect for styling or going natural. The best part is that a lob leaves your hair just long enough to pull into a ponytail for days when you’re in a rush.

Balayage

Balayage is similar to the ombre look but has a softer transition between colors. Go with a barely-there color change or something that compliments your current hair color. Plus, because of the soft color change you can wear this style longer between visits to your colorist.

A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.