United Latino Association At Rowan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The United Latino Association (ULA) is an organization on campus devoted to uniting Latinos and other interested Rowan students in stimulating and intellectual conversations bi-weekly, on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. in the Chamberlain Student Center, room 128.

The first discussion, “Where the Latinos at?” resulted in the biggest turnout the organization has seen thus far. President Joey Rodriguez could not believe the amount of attendees for that discussion since the first official meeting had yielded only five students in attendance, not including the two members of the board.

ULA is on its way to reaching the ears of every student this academic year, with a combination of their events, Discoteca nights or food functions such as after the “Singled Out” charity auction. ULA “Pa Lante Simpre Pa Lante” collaborates with the Greek organization LSU.  

The group hopes that their biggest impact on campus this semester will be the “Latin Week” event the organization is still planning.

Keep an eye out for this slowly but surely growing organization, and stay tuned for the next meeting coming up this Wednesday.

Julissa is currently a senior at Rowan University located in Glassboro were she is a proud sister of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. from the INVICIBLE theta chapter. She majors in journalism and has a double concentration in International studies and New Media. Julissa hails from Passaic, NJ, even though she is a New Yorker at heart. She strives to become an amazing bilingual writer. She can admit that she has an obsession with nail polish. Julissa in her spare time enjoys volunteering, reading, rock climbing, and movies. To many individuals she is known to be the three Fs: fun, funky and feisty.
A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!