This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

This week’s Campus Celeb is George Clark, journalism adjunct professor and adviser for Rowan’s independent student-run newspaper, The Whit.

Clark was asked by the journalism department to serve as the adviser for the publication in 2005.  Since then, he has enjoyed being able to work with young journalists early in their careers and provide a source of guidance. According to Clark, he will always encourage his students to strive for more. 

“I love it, it’s more fun than anything else, it gets me to help guide the students, without pushing them,” said Clark.

Retired from his longtime position as an editor for the Courier-Post newspaper in Cherry Hill, Clark has finally been able to enjoy teaching more as a part-time professor. He mentions that he is able to “relax and have a good time without the pressures of full-time teaching.”

During his time at the Post, he loved the diversity of the work within the field.

Julissa is currently a senior at Rowan University located in Glassboro were she is a proud sister of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. from the INVICIBLE theta chapter. She majors in journalism and has a double concentration in International studies and New Media. Julissa hails from Passaic, NJ, even though she is a New Yorker at heart. She strives to become an amazing bilingual writer. She can admit that she has an obsession with nail polish. Julissa in her spare time enjoys volunteering, reading, rock climbing, and movies. To many individuals she is known to be the three Fs: fun, funky and feisty.
A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!