Campus Cutie: Steven McLaughlin ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Often referenced as the “Next Face of Computer Science” this charming and quirky Campus Cutie was brutally blindsided by me prior to this interview. I asked Steven via email if he would be willing to be interviewed by me. I did not mention what kind of interview it was or what it was for. Being the nice guy that he is, Steven agreed, and we made plans the following day. Right on time in his Mountain Dew shirt Steven arrived, and I unleashed the gauntlet of questions on him. Steven was a good sport though, and this what you must know about this Campus Cutie!

Birthday: December 16

Age: 22

Sign: Sagittarius

Major: Computer Science

Year: Senior

Hobbies: Read & playing tabletop role playing games, hiking, kayaking, traveling, and watching movies

Hometown: Galloway

Plans for Thanksgiving Break: Working

Favorite Thanksgiving food: Stuffing sounds good to me. 

Where Can Someone Find You on Campus: CS Department

What traits do you look for in a girl: Intelligence, confidence, and independence 

What traits do you not like in a girl: close-mindedness, clinginess, being indirect, being mean, jealousy, being combative

Are you a hopeless romantic or just hopeless: Do I have to be one or the other? Can I just be in the middle?

Best Date you’ve ever had: Went to Ocean City and walked from the north end of the island to the south end of the island and then had a picnic in Corson’s inlet state park.

Worst Date you’ve ever had: Went out to lunch with a girl I had nothing in common with and it was awkward

Plans for after college: Move out of New Jersey to anywhere 

Jaymilynn, also known as Jaymi, is a 4th year Senior at Rowan University. She is currently studying for her Bachelors in Public Relations, and is pursuing a minor in Advertising and Journalism. She is also pursuing a concentration in Creative Writing. Jaymi hails from the small Mom-And-Pop town of Galloway, New Jersey. She is a member of Rowan's PRSSA. Jaymi is also a staff writer for the on-campus school newspaper, The Whit. With big dreams of being a novelist someday, Jaymi spends a majority of her time reading books and working on writing a book series of her own. To friends she is known to be a bit cynical, but loveable as well. A Mac'N Cheese fanatic, faithful Yoga attendee, and an extreme chocolate lover! She's a wide-eyed girl ready to take on the world one sarcastic comment at a time!  
Carly is a Writing Arts major at Rowan University with a concentration in New Media and Creative Writing. She aspires to complete her masters at Rowan and to become an editor after completing college. When she isn't writing for HerCampus or doing schoolwork, she can be found performing slam poetry at various venues in the Philadelphia region. Follow her on twitter at @carlyfiona15 or email her at szaboc33@students.rowan.edu