This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

If there’s one thing I could do each and every day for the rest of my life it would be to go to the movies. Since my freshman year, I have rarely had the chance to do so while in school — most of my movie frequenting has either been over vacations or during summer breaks. I will occasionally rent something on iTunes if it’s a film I’ve been dying to see for a while, and missed out on while it was in theaters, but otherwise I really can’t find the time between work/clubs/etc. to allot time for movies. In anticipation of a slew of great films that are making their debuts within the next few months, I have collaborated a list of must-sees that you should really try and make an effort to watch. So, if you’re like me and wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas to make a movie theater stop, write these down for later!

1.  Footloose, October 14th. As we all know, this is a remake. However, it’s one that promises to be pretty goddamn good and entertaining. I’ve never seen the first (shocker, I know. You can burn me at the stake for neglecting a classic later) but from what I can tell this movie seems just as fun (minus the hot Kevin Bacon part). It stars Dennis Quad, Julianne Hough (Ryan Seacrest’s boyfriend… I mean, girlfriend in real life), and newcomer Kenny Wormald.

2.  Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1, November 18th. Okay, I’m going to embarrass myself here for a minute and admit to you all that I have already seen two of the three Twilights on opening night. While I can’t promise I will do the same for this one, it is supposedly the most “intense” and “sexual” film of the series. Bella gets pregnant with a vampire child and Taylor Lautner is probably shirtless for the entirety… what more could we ask for? Apparently, Vera Wang designed the wedding dress Bella Swan wears….jealous.

3.  New Year’s Eve, December 9th. Remember the movie ‘Valentine’s Day‘ that completely sucked, but starred almost every single actor and actress in Hollywood? Well, that’s exactly what’s happening here, but this time they’re celebrating New Year’s Eve! Anyways, this stars greats such as Michelle Pfeiffer, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Biel, Robert De Niro, and more! Here’s to hoping this time they get it right.

4.  Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, December 21. Tom Cruise is back to kicking ass and taking names in this 45997th addition to the franchise. He’s scaling a humongous glass skyscraper in the trailer, so we can definitely expect action and some really good visual/special effects.

5.  Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, December 21. Last, but most certainly not least. I saw the Swedish version of this film and it was amazing, but the American remake is supposed to be even better. It stars Daniel Crag (from the last few Bond movies) and Rooney Mara, who looks like she completely nails the part of badass Lisbeth Salander. You cannot afford to miss this.    

Hilary Rosenthal is a senior International Relations major and minor in Journalism at the University of Rochester. Hilary recently returned from a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain and is excited to return to campus. She is a a varsity lacrosse player, Vice President of Panhellenic Conduct, a writer for Athletic Communications and a writer for the Campus Times. She hails from Loudonville, New York and loves skiing, fashion, exploring music, hot yoga, ice cream and fro- yo, traveling, cooking, nail polish and a great book. Although most of her experience is in the political field, she is extremely excited to work on and start a Her Campus branch at the University of Rochester.