Lauren McShane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

Keep an eye out for this celeb, you’ll be seeing here on your TVs soon as a new member of the RIT Sports Zone team.

What is your year and major?

I am a second year Professional and Technical Communications major.

Where are you from?

Baldwin, Long Island

Why did you choose RIT?

I have an older brother who would always tell me great things about the school. And we would always come up and visit him, so I would really get to see the campus. I always compared other colleges to RIT, until I realized what I am looking for is RIT. I also liked the idea of co-ops. You go to college so that you can get a job after you graduate, and I thought this was the best way to make sure I had a job when I got out.  

What has been your favorite class so far?

I have to say all of the classes I have taken for my major have been my favorite so far. I love the communication courses, those are a lot of fun. Especially the one I am in now, Theories of Communication. From the title you’d think it’s going to be boring, but then…oh, it’s actually not.

What is your favorite thing about RIT?

The fact we’re all a bunch of nerds. Really here no is going to judge you for liking something, because they like something equally as nerdy. And a lot of people would say I don’t look like would like a lot of the things that I do, which I also like, because here everyone has the side to them no matter who you are. It’s what makes us RIT.

What is your favorite place to eat at on campus?

Crossroads, just because it’s right near where I live and It’s easy to just grab food on my way back from class.

How did you get involved with Sports Zone?

Over the summer, I got an email from Emily Clark who is a member of the SportsZone crew. She said that a Professor had recommended me because of my professionalism, my ability to communicate and having a nice presence. She asked if I wanted to audition for a position for SportsZone. I was actually very honored, because a professor had remembered my name and decided that these people needed to know about me. I wish I knew so I could go thank that person, because it really was great. I was so happy when I got the position to join, it’s been a lot of fun.

What is your favorite food?

Pizza.

What is your favorite movie?

I never has an all time, because it always changes. So currently I would have to say Wreck-it Ralph.

What is your favorite color?

Red. I claim its red, but it’s actually purple. Though if you ask me, I’ll say red.  

What is your dream job?

I would love to work in the Disney Corporation, I don’t know what I want to do at Disney, but I would to experience working with them.

What is something few people know about you?

I can’t whistle or snap my fingers. 

By Celine Anderson

Jenna is an Advertising and Public Relations student at RIT, minoring in Marketing. She is a cupcake lover (although she loves how they look more than they taste), advocate of Breast Cancer education and awareness, sister of ZTA and assistant at RIT Sports Information. She loves wedding blogs, sailing, photography, bright colors, nail polish and a new pair of Sperry Top Siders. She has traveled to Spain, Israel, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Germany and Canada- with Spain and Israel being her favorites outside the U.S. Within the states, Jenna loves Rhode Island (especially the town of Watch Hill); Seattle, Washington; and Dallas, Texas. Although she is from the Garden State, Jenna hates the Jersey shore but does love to fist pump once in a while and hopes to move to Texas after graduation. With three PR internships as well as an advertising one under her belt, Jenna hopes to persue a career in either of these fields... or wedding planning, but she can keep dreaming.