A Cup of Tia: Reward Yourself for a Job Well Done

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

In just a few days we’ll be saying goodbye to our lives at Quinnipiac for a few months to enjoy the summer. It’s time to say goodbye to the past year of college and head off to our homes or internships and for some, you will be putting on your cap and gowns and walking down the aisle one last time to say goodbye. You did it. Another year is over and you did a job well done. Give yourself a pat on the back.
   You may not see it as this, but you accomplished a lot this year. Think back on all of the things you did throughout the past year. I know when I look back I’m amazed at how much has happened to me. It’s such a great feeling. Although this summer is uncertain to me fully as of yet, I’ve decided I’m going to reward myself with a little something for all of my accomplishments, and you should too.

Here are some ideas:

I came across Birchbox on shefinds.com. It’s this amazing website that tells you about all the latest fashion trends and where to find them! Birchbox is only $10 a month and they will send you awesome samples to your door every month. Plus, they take a survey of your skin, hair type, etc so the things you will be getting will be suited just for you! Plus, there’s even a Birchbox for men if you decide to reward that special someone too. Find it here: http://www.Birchbox.com

New sunglasses. I’m about obsessed with Warby Parker lately and once I make a little bit of money this summer I will be getting a new pair. Sunglasses are so fitting, it’s time to start enjoying the beautiful sunshine, why not look good while you’re at it? Find it here: http://www.warbyparker.com/

Peachy Keen date, of course, to end off the semester and distress a little with a savory treat.

Tom’s Flats- These are perfect for a girl who has a lot of walking to do this summer and you’re helping a great cause too, double whammy. Find it here: http://www.toms.com/womens/ballet-flats-1?view=all

And of course, there’s always a billion more ways to reward yourself. You don’t always have to wait for someone else to get you a present, sometimes if feels good to pick out something nice for yourself and give yourself a little pat on the back. You are the one person who knows how hard you’ve been working. With all these finals, tests, and papers we all could use a little reward. Reward yourself with a frappuccino for all the studying you’ve been doing, you deserve it. I mention this because I’ve been craving one myself. Happy studies and end of the year collegiettes!

Tia Meyers

Quinnipiac

Tia is a senior public relations and marketing major at Quinnipiac University. She enjoys singing, kayaking, cooking, travelling, and dance. She is an only child and it has made her a very outgoing young woman. Tia’s motto is “you can’t be old and wise if you’re never young and crazy” and believes that you should be a person to look up to, always be true to yourself and to try anything and everything you can. Tia loves to watch tv and read, her favorite show is New Girl and her favorite book is “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. Tia is addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee, rings, peanut butter and the beach.