Campus Living: Chauncey Square: “The Place to Live” (& a Special Offer for HCers!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Imagine walking home from a long day out. As you open the door, a sleek, stylish kitchen decked out in brand new stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and contemporary Euro-style cabinets greets you. You set down your things and fall onto a cozy, sectional couch before turning on your new flat screen HD TV. After relaxing for a while, you make you way into your fully furnished bedroom and call it a night with your mind at ease in the comfort of your new luxury apartment. No, not in a trendy, downtown high-rise, but right here at Purdue!

Cut to Chauncey Square. Touted as “the place to live,” Chauncey Square, a Campus Acquisitions development, is unlike any college living experience here at Purdue. We were lucky enough to sit down with Erin Kasper, Midwest Leasing and Marketing Director for Campus Acquisitions, who gave us the 411 on the Due’s newest homes away from home (and a special offer for you!).

So what set’s Chauncey Square apart from all of the other apartments in town? As odd as it may sound, these truly are luxury apartments. Additionally, the balance between the independent apartment living and the high quality services provided by the management isn’t what you would normally expect from typical college accommodations, Erin said. 

“It’s kind of an oxymoron to have luxury student housing, but our company is focused on giving our residents the lifestyle they desire while being a student,” she said.  “Moreso, we give students a lifestyle they didn’t even know was an option while at school.  Everything from our apartment location, finishes, amenities, and community events wows our tenants.  They didn’t know they could have it all while being so close to their classes.” 

Here’s a peek at the lifestyle you can expect to lead if you sign a lease at Chauncey Square. Keep that opening scene fresh in your mind while I list some of the countless other amenities that are offered: fully furnished accommodations, closet organizer, faux wood floors, tile bathroom, tanning beds, fitness center, theater, game room, business center, key fobs, individual leases (both 12-month and single-semester offered!),  and dry cleaning drop off service (among several others)!  

Roommate matching is another service offered at Chauncey Square.  The service works perfectly with their individual leases because this way you’re only responsible for your share of the rent.

“Don’t even try to compare it to the dormitory matching system,” said Erin, who jokes that she and her colleagues liken their service more to Match.com, just not romantic. “Individual signers fill out a questionnaire that asks in-depth questions from everything about your study and party habits, cleanliness preferences, and even what you would NOT want in a roommate’s personality traits. The program has been tested and used at other sites and we believe it is now perfected and ready for West Lafayette. It’s a great option for those who want to live in our building, but perhaps don’t have their roommate situation figured out quite yet.  We find that most of our residents become close friends with their roommates.”

You can also expect to see your social calendar fill up quickly with all of the new friends you’ll be making. Chauncey Square loves to put on events for its tenants, including some pretty extravagant affairs!

“We once through a $10,000 giveaway party where every prospective tenant who toured the building had a chance to enter,” Erin said. “The winner was announced at our party and then whisked away to spend the cash in 24 hours. We provided a limo, camera crew, personal stylist, and security guard.”

More low-key events are held throughout the year as well, including networking opportunities and free coffee during midterms and finals weeks.

What’s on tap for the newest Purdue location? A tenant appreciation barbeque in the courtyard will kick off the 2012-2013 school year. Equipped with two gas grills for tenant use, the courtyard is perfect for game day tailgating and bonfires in the fire pit for a more private social setting.

“We’re also announcing our Free Rent Winner from the fall housing fair soon!” Erin said. ” The winner will live at Chauncey Square FREE for the year.  Follow us on twitter @Chauncey_Square to watch the action unfold and keep up to date on all our specials and promos!  You can also “like” Chauncey Square on facebook and message us for apartment info.”

Not looking for an apartment? Looking for a job? Chauncey Square is also looking for both talented leasing agents and Community Assistants, and no prior experience is needed.

“(Community Assistants) live in the building and when on duty serve as an immediate response team to our tenants,” Erin explained. “Locked out of your unit at midnight? Blew a fuse and can’t figure out what to do next? Call us and talk to a live person. Help is just an elevator ride away. What other landlord can say that?”

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, Chauncey Square has even more incentive for you to sign a lease. Mention Her Campus when signing your lease before the end of the semester in the existing building and receive a $100 Visa gift card! And if you sign at the new building? A $500 Visa gift card! Just for being awesome collegiettes™!

As busy collegiettes™, we deserve to be pampered from time to time. Well, what better way to pamper yourself than through your home! Chauncey Square has everything you need to leave the stress of the classroom behind, providing a comfortable, encouraging environment to come home to.

For more information about Chauncey Square, visit www.chaunceysquare.com.

*Photos provided by Erin Kasper 

Amanda Norell is a junior at Purdue University where she is working toward a communication degree, supplemented by an art and design minor. A true Midwesterner, Amanda was born in Chicago and raised in northern Indiana, just minutes from the Michigan border. In addition to being Purdue's Campus Correspondent, Amanda is also a junior board member on Liberal Arts Student Council, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and has both edited and written for The Exponent, Purdue's independent daily student newspaper.  She has held internships in both event planning and career development, and has her sights set on becoming an event and wedding planner after graduation. She cannot get enough of campus in the fall, crepes from Greyhouse, Urban Outfitters, and simply lovin' life.