9 Things All Strong Girls Need: Survival Kit Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

“You are kind, you are smart, you are important.” Everyone knows those 3 lines from the movie “The Help”. Although these lines are iconic to the movie, they also describe college women across the country. These lines are motivational and inspirational – and they apply to you, collegiettes! You should be embracing the fact that you’re beautiful and strong and you deserve to spend some time celebrating you! Here are nine things that will help you do that.

1. Relaxing Masks to clear your pores and relax yourself by Freeman Beauty – Avocado/Oatmeal Clay Mask, Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel Off Mask, Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask and Feeling Beautiful Apple Cider Vinegar 4-in-1 Foaming Clay
  1. Some books to take your mind off your stressful week: “Adulthood is a Myth” and “The Roommate Book” by Andrews McMeel Publishing.
  1. Something to keep your tea from getting cold: Forge Divide Mug from CamelBak
  1. A stylish accessory for your tea: A Koozie by Flying Colors Apparel

1. Some yummy smelling perfume to make you feel confident: Juicy Couture – I ♥ JUICY COUTURE Fragrance Sample

1. For strong women who like to keep themselves healthy: The Diva Cup & MONISTAT
  1. A bra to make you feel sexy in your own skin: Maidenform Love the Lift® Push Up & In Lace Demi Bra
  1. For a night out with the girls, you have to have mascara to make your eyelashes dramatic and fierce with Rimmel London – 24HR Supercurler Mascara, Bright Blue Colour Precise Eyeliner to make your eyes POP and of course no night is complete without Bright Red Lipstick from The Only 1, to make everyone know just how bold and amazing you are.
  1. Even strong women fall down sometimes, and with Wearsafe, we never have to hesitate to ask for help.    

Thanks to our Back To School Survival Kit, all of these items could be YOURS, by you tagging us in your post @Her Campus Penn State, and telling us how YOU are a strong girl. Stay strong, collegiettes!

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. 
Adrea is a senior at Penn State and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Business, Women's Studies, and International Studies. She also served as a Chapter Advisor for 8 international chapters during her time studying abroad in Florence, Italy. In addition to Her Campus, Adrea is a senior reporter for Penn State's student newspaper, The Daily Collegian, and a contributing writer for Thought Catalog. She is the social media intern for Penn State's Office of Strategic Communications. In the rare time that she's doing something other than writing, she's probably Googling pictures of pugs or consuming an excessive amount of caffeine. Follow her on Twitter: @adreacope