Why Gilmore Girls Being Added on Netflix is the Best Thing Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

If you’ve never heard or seen of Gilmore Girls and have been living under a rock since 2000, here is a brief summary of the show:

Gilmore Girls, not to be confused with Golden Girls (a show dated further back with much older women) follows single mom Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory in the town of Stars Hollow. Lorelai, who could be considered a comedic genius, had Rory at age 16 and takes pride in not taking life too seriously. Rory, the young daughter is followed through her first romantic blunders and experiences while the show captures the mother and daughter relationship of two best friends.

Why this show should be the next show you decide to binge watch in between hours of “studying” for midterms:

1.     We get to see Rory go through a few boyfriends throughout the series, first Dean, and then Jess, and then Dean again, and oh yeah, how could we forget about the heart throb, Ivy League attendee Logan.

2.     If you’re good at picking up obvious hints, Lorelai and Luke, the owner of Luke’s Diner, were destined to be together from the beginning. Although Lorelai makes a few romantic mistakes like we all do from time to time, we get to watch their romance blossom.

3.     If you classify your parents as crazy, this is a show you can relate to. Emily and Richard Gilmore take the cake for the most uptight, conservative parents in TV history. But don’t be discouraged by their jabs and retorts towards their daughter, they are just as quick witted and funny as Lorelai.

4.     If you don’t have crazy parents there’s a character for almost everyone to relate to. Whether that be Sookie St. James the neurotic cook, Paris the know it all with the catty demeanor, or even Michel the French secretary who has an attitude that everyone can aspire to.

5.     Lorelai and Rory can be seen drinking coffee 70% of the time throughout the series so, if you share an addiction to the drug we call coffee, this is the show for you.

Netflix is a haven for awesome distractions! Go get started on what’s about to be your favorite TV rom-com.

Sophomore English Major at Providence College, Extreme Foodie, Avid Netflix Watcher
Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.