This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

How did you first get into six gents? 
My roommate was in it and I met some of the people on the show. They thought I was funny and asked me to try out. The rest is history. 

What do you enjoy most about it?
It’s not high involvement but when we do rehearse it’s a fun time, we all joke around.

What do you like more, writing or performing?
I’ve actually been told that my writing is very good, especially for someone out of the theater department. One of the kids, Dan Caplin, he told me one of my skits was really funny. Plus, I like to write, and I like to see what the actors can do with it. Of course I like to act too.

What drew you to comedy?
I’ve always been a funny kid. I make people laugh, and I figured, why not do it in a more professional setting?

Is there any particular type of skit that you enjoy writing?
I like to make them come full circle, so I make a reference at the end to the beginning of the skit. Make it come back into itself. You also have a radio show on WDOM.

What sort of music do you enjoy playing?
Classic rock and alternative. Such as Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix. It’s kind of a mix of comedy too, because me and my co-host go back and forth about random stuff. We’re called Turtle and The General.

What do you talk about?
The general’s always into something, he’s in trouble or he’s always talking about a class that he skipped, or an email he sent to a teacher. We just kind of shoot the shit about what’s going on. We have friends that come in and say what they hate, it’s pretty funny.

You play guitar and sing as well. Do you ever play your own music?
Occasionally. I don’t have high production value but I like to record some things and throw them up there. I do a little bit of both covers and originals, but it’s hard for me to write because every time I write something I feel like it’s so cliché. I don’t like cliché songs, a lot of them are like, “love! Sadness!”

What sort of covers do you do?
I do a lot of Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, and Pink Floyd.

How long have you been playing guitar?
Eight years, since eighth grade. I took piano class last year, so that helped me learn the notes. I don’t know how to read notes so I played by ear my whole life. Learning piano has definitely made me a better guitar player. I also play bass and drums.

Are you in any bands?
The one I have at school is called The Deep Friar. It’s the name of our house on Pinehurst. We play the classics, but we also play some contemporary stuff to satisfy the people our age. We play everything from Grand Funk Railroad to Blink 182.

And your band at home?
They’re called Coalessence. My band members are all music majors at other schools so they’re all very talented, and make me look better than I am. We play heavier things, from the Foo Fighters to the classics like Jimi Hendrix.

What’s your major?
Marketing. I want to get into advertising. Maybe start my own agency. I’m more creative, as you can tell from all the things I’ve done around campus, so I don’t want to limit my creativity in my career.

Hometown?
Duxbury, MA.

Favorite color?
Green. It’s refreshing. It’s new.

Favorite TV show? 
Seinfeld.

Favorite band?
Pink Floyd.

Comedic influence?
Everyone.

You can listen to Pat on Flannel Fridays on WDOM 91.3 from 12-2 pm!

Alexia Polachek is a Junior at Providence College and loves it. Majoring in Marketing, and minoring in Economics, she hopes to pursue Entertainment communication. In her spare time she blogs for PC Admissions and works on campus. However, on a perfect day, you can find her at the beach with a book in hand.If you need to get in contact with her, you can email her at alexiapolachek@hercampus.com.