Emma DeSantis ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Meet this week’s campus celebrity Emma Desantis our very own HC coordinator!

Name: Emma Desantis

Age:21

Major: Marketing

When did you get involved with Her Campus?

I first got involved spring semester of my sophomore year.  My co-corrdinator Faith and I really wanted to rivive the PC page.

What did you want to accomplish with starting the HC Providence Chapter?

I wanted to build a better online community among the girls at PC.  HC Providence is place for us all to connect with each other and girls from over 200 other colleges.

What has been the most rewarding part of HC Providene?

The most rewarding part of HC Providence is seeing the girls who are on our team grow since last spring.  It’s obvious that their writing and effort has increased as our page has become more popular on campus.

What did you see for the future of HC Providence?

Faith and I are looking to break our chapter down into commitees which would be responsible for different aspects of the chapter like social media.  I also hope that the chapter continues to grow and even team up with other campus clubs to host events.

How much of a time commitment is Her Campus, and how do you manage your time?

Our chapter meets biweekly to discuss the successes of the past two weeks and the goals for the upcoming two weeks.  Additionally, Faith and I meet separately to make sure our chapter is on track.  Outside of meetings, I try to contribute to the page at least once a week.  I find the best way to manage all this is by setting aside time for just Her Campus each week.

Other than Her Campus what do you like to do in your free time?

Outside of Her Campus, I enjoy going to brunch with my friends, going out on weekends, and reading fashion blogs