Must Haves in a Collegiette’s Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Items above are all from a fantastic nook for all things school shopping related: All for Color. All for Color is a great place to begin preliminary searches for unique headphones, umbrellas, backpacks, totes, cell phone cases, crossbody bags, and other college must haves. 

Over the summer, I received a few emails such as what should collegiettes bring to college. The answer to that question can be found in, literally, every college women focused blog and magazine. A question not often asked but should be answered nonetheless is what should a collegiette have on her at all times besides the obvious such as your prox. These following items are what we think you’d need so as to always be on your game; God knows that no Princetonette wants to be unproductive. 

Noise-canceling Headphones should be on you at all times. In the case that you need to make anywhere a study spot, headphones are an absolute godsend. Headphones are also perfect if you happen to have a roommate. Even if you guys get along, there will be times when you are studying while your roomate (surprisingly enough) is not. Headphones can help you to tune out the world and tune into what you have to do.

Okay it’s great to have a smartphone but not when it is dead. Keep a backup battery with you, especially for the nights when you’re walking back from the street or somewhere on Nassau alone. Speaking of walking home at night, a pair of backup shoes (fold up flats preferred) can be useful. I know that we exxagerate often about how far away Charter and Forbes are from the rest of the world…but after you’ve been partying, walking from Charter or walking to Forbes is pretty much death, especially in heels. 

You need an umbrella. It’s imperative. It rains pretty frequently throughout the year at Princeton. Always, always, always, always, always have an umbrella on hand. 

The last suggestion may come as a surprise but just hear me out. Every collegiette should have UTI pain reliever if not with her at all times, at least in her dorm room. One in three of your readers has probably had a UTI and you know that it is anything but fun. In most UTI cases, women describe the pain as “extreme”. So what product should you have if you realize that you have UTI symptoms? AZO Urinary Pain Relief which is noted to provide relief within the hour. Our contacts at AZO mention that “unlike general pain relievers, AZO goes directly to the sourceo f UTI pain, allowing women to enjoy their colelge years.”

Even if you do not have a UTI or any other urinal or vaginal health problems, it is definitely better to be safe than sorry. AZO offers another great product which serves as a preventative for UTIs. AZO Cranberry was designed for chronic sufferers of UTI and it is a cranberry supplement that “cleanses the urinary tract and prevents bacteria from adhering to the bladder wall.” 

It’s great to have AZO products or comparable products on hand, if not for you for one of your fellow collegiettes. 

Let us know what your non-beauty must haves are in the comment box below!

Much appreciation to AZO for reaching out to us about your brand as well as providing information about its benefits for college-aged women.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.