Made for a Collegiette: Willow Tree Minerals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Welcome to the newest Her Campus Princeton column: Made for a Collegiette. On a regular basis, we will feature a brand, product, or our current obsession. We hope that you Princetonettes will find the featured products, obsession, and brands not only fantastic but utterly desirable. Let us know what you think in the comment box below.

Her Campus Princeton Meets Willow Tree Minerals

I have found–wait for it–the new hotspot for every Princetonettes nail polish and makeup needs. A collegiette, although she may want to, cannot dole out money for O.P.I., Illamasqua, and MAC products. These brands are considered the best of the cosmetics world, yet their products are unbelievably expensive. This is where Willow Tree Minerals comes in: Willow Tree Minerals is the online mecca for beauty; it offers O.P.I/MAC quality products with the collegiette™ and collegiette™ wallet in mind. What? You think I’m kidding? Well, collegiettes™, Willow Tree Minerals is our woodland fairy, our rainbow-side pot of gold, our fabled unicorn. In short, Willow Tree Minerals is what we’ve been waiting for. 

Willow Tree Minerals is not only affordable but natural; Lora, our contact from Willow Tree Minerals, describes the family owned mineral makeup & pure and natural body care company as having “products that are not only luxurious but affordable. Our products never contain preservatives, chemicals, dyes, synthetic fragrances, parabens, bismuth, micro minerals, or other toxins. There are no hidden ingredients in our products, unlike other main stream companies. We carry only 100% natural products that are effective and actually good for you!” Isn’t that what you want to hear?

Willow Tree Minerals sent us a few products that we have reviewed below!

Our Willow Tree Minerals Review
{1} The Nail Polish
Willow Tree Minerals has a fantastic line of nail polish called Bug Me Not. Why is it called Bug Me Not? The nail polish formula lacks irritating chemicals. The nail polish is hypoallergenic, free of foul odors, and non-toxic. Talk about awesome! Willow Tree Minerals have over 30 colors and the finish of the polishes are absolutely gorgeous. I tried Dragonfly and Caterpillar — respectively blue and pink — that had finished unlike any polish we have used before. I have no reservations stating that Willow Tree Minerals nail polishes are my favorites.

Dragonfly from Willow Tree Minerals

It’s certianly advisable to use the Protective Shell Topcoat from Willow Tree Minerals in order to keep nails from chipping. The only hang-up is that you have to wait an hour before your nails can get wet. Believe me, water wipes the polish right off (which is great if you realize your paint job is a bit sloppy). 

The colors from Willow Tree Minerals are extremely vibrant.

Caterpillar from Willow Tree Minerals

{2} The Eyeshadow
I’m not one to wear makeup, partially because I have no idea how to use it, but Willow Tree Minerals has a line of eyeshadow that is absolutely gorgeous. Willow Tree Minerals have over 40 shades that will not clog the poors or harm the complexion; in fact, the eye shadow has natural UVA/UVB sun protection!  My appication tip is that you use a wet brush in order to apply the shadow in order to have a more vivid color.

Firefly from Willow Tree Minerals

My mum actually volunteered to try the shadow that was sent our way, Firefly! She receives loads of complements for the stunning green/teal coloration of the eyeshadow. 

{3} The Lipgloss
The lipgloss certainly adds shimmer to the lips, but I found the coloration of Pink Champagne to be more purpley than I expected. It is described as a light pink shimmer but that description does not exactly match my experience with the gloss. However the color was not unattractive–just a bit louder than I expected our would desire for a typical day around campus.

Pink Champagne from Willow Tree Minerals

Personally, I just need to stock up on Willow Tree Minerals polishes! What do you think collegiettes? Let us know in the comment box below and if you know of brands that your fellow Princetonettes will adore, leave that information in the comment box below. 

Interested in connecting with Willow Tree Minerals?
Website: 
http://willowtreeminerals.com/
Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/willowtreeminerals

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.