Floss Review: BRYTONPick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

As a collegiette™, I’m always interested in products (like Tide 2 Go) that are for the on-the-go gal. I recently stumbled upon BRYTONPick, a product popular in the realm of celebrities, as a quick and easy floss alternative. BRYTONPick comes in multiple colors and is not nearly as dangerous as it looks; I’ll admit that I was weary when I looked at the BRYTONPick in the package. Would the seemingly-metal portion of the pick cut (unnecessarily) into my gums? Is this even FDA approved? The answers, respectively, to my questions are no and yes.

The BRYTONPick is definitely handy. It’s wallet-sized, re-usable for up to 30 days, can be used by our lovely “bracefaces,” and is preventitive measure in the case of periodontal disease. A quick video showing how a BRYTONPick is used is below.

I found that the BRYTONPick was not as user friendly as the testimonials declared on the website. The BRYTONPick is indeed handy and wallet-sized, but I found more to be desired. Collegiettes™, I’m sticking with floss. Maybe I’m old-fashioned (in fact, I probably am old-fashioned), but I didn’t feel the sensation of oral cleanliness when I buggled around in the bathroom with my BRYTONPick. 

Perhaps BRYTONPick will work for you! Or maybe BRYTONPick is the perfect grab for a collegiette™ with braces and hard to reach spaces. However, in all honesty, it didn’t work for me. I’m gonna stick with my floss. Sure, floss isn’t wallet sized but it can definitely fit in my purse.

Verdict: Pass.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.