This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

February 14th is rolling around, and you might be just realizing that you don’t own anything red (maybe you’re more of a burgundy gal.) But, fear not! Valentine’s Day outfits aren’t merely restricted to pastel pinks and candy-apple reds. This year, find something that suits your vibe a little better.

Here’s the ultimate V-day outfit guide, whether you’re throwing a Galantine’s day bash, having a fancy dinner with your bae, or just watching some Netflix.

Casual:

So maybe your Valentine’s Day consists of going to class and grabbing dinner with friends at the Pilot House.

Give yourself a little extra confidence with a polished coat and bright flats.

Or a cozy sweater dress and thigh-high boots, with a little pink bag.

Maybe today’s going to be a date between you and your coffee. Stay toasty with a pastel sweatshirt and light-wash jeans.

Girls Night Out:

Nothing says “It’s going to be a fun night” like animal print. Dress up a t-shirt and jeans with a loud, fuzzy coat, and finish it off with burgundy booties.

Be a little bit rebellious with an edgier, monochrome look. Ripped jeans, fishnets, a leather jacket, choker, and platform boots scream SEXY INDEPENDENT WOMAN to any passerby. (Bonus points for cool sunglasses.)

Hot Date:

Going to a restaurant, but don’t want to wear a dress? Try high waisted trousers with a lacy crop top–just enough skin showing, but still incredibly elegant.

Girl, if you want to look like the cutest candy heart, here is your chance. Try a ruffly, velvet, off-the-shoulder pink dress. Keep it from being too ballerina-y with a tight silhouette and polished, minimal heels.

For a night out on the town and a 5-star restaurant, this is the look for you. Think extra glitzy shift dress, velvet booties, and simple silver jewelry; all the prettiest parts of Valentine’s Day.

Currently undeclared major from Mount Vernon, Washington.