Outfit of the Day Inspiration: 04/30/2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

MONDAY- Finals Week Chic!

Well ladies, we’ve made it!  No matter what this next half week has in store for you with tests and papers due, once it’s over, it’s over.  While your brain may feel fried from Bib Trad and Calculus, the last thing you should have to worry over is your outfits this week.  Sweats are fine, but if you put in just a little more thought and effort you will both look and feel better.  If you just want to be comfortable and casual, yet keep the cute factor, here are several perfect options!

Outfit #1: Super Casual Spring!
Easy, comfy, and subtly sexy, this look would work great for a day full of finals and little sleep.  Take a thick pair of leggings and throw on your softest oversized tee.  Bonus points if it’s in a bright color!  Then add a long, pretty scarf and chunky wedges.  Wedges give you height and style, yet are deceptively easier to walk in than regular heels.  Feel free to throw on as much jewelry as you wish, since it only takes a few seconds and can make it look like you put much more effort into the outfit than you really did!

[pagebreak]

Outfit #2: Easy Dress and Sweater!
Hayden Panettiere nails the “finals week” look here: Uggs, coffee, hair in a bun, etc.  Take the basic idea and amp it up a bit with a comfy, basic cotton dress and a long, neutral colored cardigan.  You will look sweet and casual yet still cute while avoiding the frumpiness of sweats.  Sunglasses cover up tired eyes, and an easy bag carries just your essentials to each final.  I am personally not a fan of Uggs, so I would instead go for my favorite pair of flat knee-high boots. 

Photo Sources:
http://randomoverload.net/tag/disney-stars/page/72
http://www.collegegloss.com/2011/06/ask-glossie-guy-approved-outfits.html

Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.