This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

The school year, spring semester especially, goes by in a blink of an eye. Even though I love summer I love being at school just a little bit more. So leaving school is tough for me. With less than 10 days left in the school year, there is so much to do. Studying for finals is hard enough, but add packing up an entire dorm and you have a recipe for stress. The key is to plan out your time and find a balance, which is totally easier said than done. With just a couple days left, it’s important to make these days count. Here’s 5 ways to make sure they do:

1. Hit the Books

This one should be a no-brainer. While studying tends not to be a favorite hobby for most, it’s something that we all have to do. Maybe you haven’t done as much studying as you should have been this week, but no time like the present right? This time of year everyone swarms to the library like ants to an abandoned candy bar. Find some new locations or claim a spot early. Pinterest has some great study ideas too!

2. Spend Time with Friends 

With summer just days away, it’s almost time to say goodbye to the  friends you have made this year. One downside of summer is that your friends won’t be right down the hall or a quick 5 minute walk away, so make sure that before you head home that you spend some quality time with your bffs. Whether you’re helping a friend  pack or just grabbing lunch, make it count. Put down that phone and enjoy each other’s company.

3. Go to End of the Year Events 

With all the stress of finals and packing, it can be easy to forget about the fun events on campus. There’s Anchors Away, which is a BBQ out on the Bluff on the last Thursday of the semester. There’s also end of the year dorm hall events like blow out hours, and de-stress events at the gym. There’s a lot going on, so if you’re looking for a study break, try to make it to an event.

4. Hit the Gym

For most of us we don’t have a free gym membership at home, so we might as well utilize it before the end of the year. Need a study break? Go workout. Looking for a change of scenery for studying? Bring your notes or study guide to the gym and review  while taking a nice walk on  the treadmill.

5. Pack Early

One piece of advice that I would totally give my freshman self would be to start packing EARLY. I totally underestimated the time it would take me to pack because how much stuff could I have possibly fit into my tiny room? Well I was in for a surprise when I started packing and my room literally looked like a tornado had gone through it and I had more stuff than I would have imagined. It was terrible and definitely not how I wanted to spend my last night on campus. That being said, start packing early; you’ll thank me later, I promise. Think of this as a time to cleanse and de-clutter your life! Donate items you don’t need anymore or clothes that have never seen the world outside of your closet. 

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.