10 Songs to Listen to When You Need a Boost

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Homework got you down? Listen to these songs as a pick me up!

1. “Love Myself” by Hailee Steinfeld

• First thing to remember when you’re not feeling great about life is that you are an amazing, unique individual and there is no reason why you shouldn’t love yourself!

2. “Good as Hell” by Lizzo

• The best thing you can do is for yourself is have confidence! There’s nothing you about yourself that you need to apologize for and anyone that thinks otherwise isn’t worth your time.

3. “I’m Alive” by Michael Franti & Spearhead

• Sometimes we take this fact for granted, and it is a good reminder to be thankful that we are even here!

4. “Life’s What You Make It” by Graham Colton

• A hard lesson of life is that you’re only going to get what you put in. You can’t expect great things to happen if you don’t put yourself out there. This doesn’t mean that everything you do has to be a grand gesture; you can take baby steps to reach your goal.

5. “No Guts, No Glory” by Cassio Monroe

• Similar to the previous song, this is a reminder that you have to have desire and drive to get what you want. Whether you make a big move or a small one, it takes courage to do something new and scary. It’s okay to admit when you are afraid or nervous, just don’t allow that to rule your life.

6. “Rescue” by Yuna

• You don’t need anyone else to be your knight in shining armor, you can be your own rescuer!

7. “You Don’t Own Me” by Grace

• No one has power over you unless you give it to them.

8. “Pity Party” by Melanie Martinez

• Even if no one shows up to your party, remember the bright side: way more cake for you! If they don’t show up, who needs them!

9. “Not My Day” by Keith James

• It’s okay to admit when your day just isn’t going as planned. Just remember that each day is a new beginning with brand new opportunities.

10. “Try Everything” by Shakira

• Welcome each new day as what it is, an opportunity to try new things, meet new people, find new ways to be happy and most importantly, be you!
I am new to the Portland community and am excited to explore!