Meet Amelia Brause: She’s Running for SGB

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Amelia Brause

Grade: Junior

Major: Neuroscience

Tell us about your Student Government Board platform and why people should vote for you.

I am running on three platforms. First, I would like to create an online portal in affiliation with SORC that allows all student organizations to promote and market their events from one place. In addition, I would like to expand and improve up our current Healthy U campaign. Finally, I would like to create a charity focused Panther Pride week leading up to I Heart Pitt Day to unite the campus and facilitate relationships among campus organizations. As an active member of Greek Life and College Against Cancer I want to work to ensure that every student on campus has access to as many opportunities as possible to have the most successful Pitt undergraduate experience. I want all student organizations to be able to utilize as many resources as they can to reach the maximum potential with their events and on campus organizations. SGB is a wonderful organization and want all to benefit from all that the organization provides. 

You do some work with Relay for Life. Tell us about it.
I am the Co-Chair of Relay for Life. I assist with all aspects of planning this event such as marketing and promotion. I work as a team liaison, oversee all logistical aspects, and oversee the fundraising and sponsorship committee. This year I am working really hard to increase fundraising and sponsorship in order to make this year’s Relay the most successful it can be.

What other clubs/groups are you involved in On-campus?

-Alpha Delta Pi Sorority

-SGB Traditions Committee

-UPMC Arthritis Institute Undergraduate Researcher

One last sentence?

“I love Pitt!”

I have been a proud Her Campus writer since my freshman year at Pitt and I am now the Social Media Editor for the chapter. So excited to see where the chapter will go but sadly I am a senior graduating in 2015 with a Communication and Art History major and Film Studies minor.
Hey, I'm Chris Baker and I just began writing for HerCampus at Pitt. I love God, my family and friends, sports, and my amazing fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi. I love to talk, write, and engage with people, in particular, I like to argue, haha. I love Pitt so if you go here and don't already know me, you should find me and get to know me! Contact me anytime at cbb17@pitt.edu,Thanks for reading!