This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Name: Nicole Behler

Year: Junior

Major: Economics

Minor: Peace and Justice Studies

What are two quirky facts about you?

1. I’m obsessed with coconut; anything coconut flavored, scented, etc I probably own.

2. I’m addicted to online shopping ;-) 

Why did you choose Pace University?

I knew I wanted to be in the city, and after orientation I had a gut feeling that this was where I was supposed to be. Also they gave me the most financial aid (lmao)

Did you find the transition from Florida to New York difficult? If so, what specifically was or was not difficult? Were some aspects easier than others?

At first yes, I was both intimidated and intrigued by how life in the city is. I literally used to live in the middle of nowhere, Florida, so being in a place where everything I need is a short walk or train ride away was amazing. I loved being able to walk everywhere, but getting used to the subway was hard; I was terrified to get on the subway and to be around so many people, but I got used to it as one does. The hardest thing to get used to was probably the weather, I came from a place where its 80 degrees year round to a place where seasons actually exist. I swear I literally didn’t know seasons were real when I was a kid lol.

What is your favorite thing to do in NYC during a weekday?

When I have free time I love to read, look at memes, go to the gym/yoga, or hang with my best friends which usually entails eating lots of bareburger 

Favorite thing to do on the weekend?

Sleep!! If you see me doing anything in public just know I’d rather be sleeping. Yeah, no I do love to sleep but I’ll usually do brunch on Sunday or do something to treat myself after a long weekend at work.

Do you have any restaurants around campus that are your favorite spots?

If you venture past the Pace bubble, there are actually good places to eat in FiDi. I recently discovered SweetGreen on Wall Street which has bomb salads that you can order on their app. I also love Dos Toros, Leo’s Bagels, El Luchador, Terri, Squire’s, and Mike’s Noodle House.

Tell us a little about your blog.

I started it because I wanted a space that I could write my thoughts and share them with friends. It’s still kind of in the works because I don’t know exactly what kind of content I want to be creating. Stay tuned lmao

Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!