Glitter = New Year’s Eve

Posted -

Once finals are done and everyone’s back at home, it’s time to begin those New Year’s Eve plans.

New Year’s is always an exciting, yet, sometimes, stressful holiday. Learn to plan ahead and you won’t be disappointed.

First, planning that ideal location to bring in the New Year is always an important task. Nobody wants to get into an argument with friends over where you all want to rage for New Year’s. So, do yourself and your friends a favor and plan in advance! The locations can be somewhere simple, like New York City, the place everyone always wants to experience New Year’s Eve. Keep it simple, and throw your own New Year’s bash and have all your friends pitch in for decorations, food, and beverages. Remember, champagne doesn’t always have to be the expensive stuff.

Second, the outfit that turns heads. Be sure to not think about your outfit for the big night until you have your location planned. Try something new this year. Be creative. If you don’t want to spend money on that fancy, black, shimmery dress, look at the clothes you already have. The best thing to make you stick out is to try bedazzling some old clothes. Be comfortable, and bedazzle some jean high waisted shorts with silver gems. Pair any of these bedazzled shorts with your favorite black, or solid colored shirt and accessorize. Also, if you’re into rocking that “little black dress” this year, don’t be afraid to rock some vibrant, solid high-heels. Try neon pink! Bring in the New Year outside of your comfort zone.

Finally, don’t stress! This out of all the holidays should not be a stressful time. The best thing to do on New Year’s Eve is to go out with an open mind, and be ready for anything.

So, kiss prettier, be with your favorites, and be merry! You’re ready to bring in 2013!

***Check out this article by Cosmopolitan Magazine for some New Year’s Eve ideas!

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/food/party-ideas/new-years-party-tips

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

EDUCATION

Bachelors of Arts in Journalism                                                                              Expected: May 2014

State University of New York (SUNY) College at Oswego

Major: Journalism

Minor: Creative Writing

RELATED EXPERIENCE  

Whiteraverrafting.com-Contributing Writer                                                       March 2013-Present

• Reviews on shows/festivals/tracks/albums in individual posts
  • Feature posts about the world of electronic music
  • Assist in ideas on how to deliver more content and receive higher website views
  • Develop questions and strategies for unique and influential interviews with various artists

HerCampus/Oswego.com: Editor of the Oswego Branch                                     January 2011 –Present    

• Editing- AP style
  • Maintain positions throughout involvement with Her Campus as: Social media representative, editor, and finally one of the head editors of the branch
  • Maintain various article sections of the magazine website
  • Write articles related to news, student profiles, and various other articles like blogs which relate to campus life
  • Social media balancing skills

Peer Leader for the Educational Opportunity Program, Oswego NY                August, Summer 2012

• Mentor for freshman
  • Tutor writing classes
  • Edit essays, and short stories for students
  • Introduce and involve students in clubs on campus
  • Initiate team work with planned events and assignments for students

Copy Writing Internship: I Heart Oswego                                                                        January 2013-Present

http://iheartoswego.com/

• Edit 3-4 stories daily, using AP style
  • Report and interview subjects for stories
  • Update Facebook/Twitter for I Heart Oswego
  • Come up with feature stories

TVF-Business Development Member                                                                                 January 2013                                                                        

• Promote products at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES 2013)
  • Discuss business strategies and team work
  • Develop press releases 

WORK EXPERIENCE

Customer Service, Wegman’s Food Markets, Binghamton, NY                                        August 2009-Present

• Initiate customer service at cashier position
  • Adapt to changing situations at the store
  • Improve teamwork experience with working for outside services

COMMUNITY INVOLVMENT

Cheerleading Club, SUNY Oswego                                                                                   September 2010-Present

• Social chair position: Come up with team bonding activities throughout the year and maintain team’s image

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login