Janie Walborn: Yoga, Roommate and Child Extraordinaire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.
Name: Janie Walborn

Year: Sophomore

Major/Minor: Nursing

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

This week Her Campus had to the opportunity to interview Janie Walborn. As we all know, life of a nursing major (and college in general) can be quite hectic and overwhelming! Read on to see how Janie helps others while doing what she loves on her free time!

HC: What activities/organizations are you involved in?
JW: At OSU I’m involved in College Mentors for Kids, STEP and yoga club!

HC: What got you interested in yoga?
JW: I went to a yoga class on a whim four years ago, and I fell in love with it immediately! Not only is it relaxing, but it’s such a great workout!

HC: How did you get involved in college mentors for kids?
JW: I love kids and I wanted to be involved in some sort of service here on campus, so College Mentors was the obvious choice. I have a “little buddy” and we are together for every activity, it’s so fun and I love being amor to be a role model for a kid who needs one. 

HC: What’s your favorite memory of OSU so far?
JW: My favorite memory was the Pentatonix concert, mostly because me and my friends camped out outside their tour bus until they came out and we got to meet all of them, it was so fun!

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world for a week or two, where would you go?
JW: Definitely Europe, I would love to travel all around the UK, France and Italy.

HC: What’s your favorite place to eat on campus?
JW: Does Canes count!? I can’t get enough of that bread. 

HC: What’s your favorite place on campus?
JW: The Shoe!

HC: What’s your favorite yoga pose?
JW: Headstand, of course!

HC: If there was one piece of advice you could give to incoming freshman, what would it be?
JW: Don’t stress out too much! It’s all gonna be okay even if it seems like everything is coming at you at once. Make some time for yourself, working out or a movie night with friends is sometimes all you need. :)