This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

It’s the most dreaded time for any college student: midterms. It’s the tail end of week three and stress is starting to run higher normal. But here at the University of Oregon, we know how to give our students a fun pick-me-up. Every year, twice a year, the ASUO holds a Street Faire! Around midterms during fall and spring term, there is a three-day street fair for local vendors and businesses to come and sell their products to anyone on UO campus. There are so many different kinds of food and things to buy. Anything from traditional street fair food to cool handmade clothing to things for around your home. It’s a fun way to learn about local businesses and give back to the community while finding fun gifts and having lunch or dinner with friends! There is also a large amount of student involvement with the Street Faire. Students can volunteer to help with set up, clean up, and everything in between. The ASUO Street Faire is set up all the way down 13th Avenue, right down the middle of campus stretching a little over a quarter mile long. If you haven’t been yet, or are visiting Eugene, ask someone when the Street Faire is! It’s a lot of fun and helps the local community, plus it’s super entertaining to walk through if you have time to kill in between classes. Happy almost midterms everyone!

Hi there! I'm glad you made it to my page! My name is Gillian George, and I am a junior/incoming senior at the University of Oregon. I am currently getting into the Advertising program of the Journalism Major and have a minor of business. Writing and photography are my two biggest passions in life, I have been taking portriats for  a few years now and I am trying to create a small business out of it! I love talking to people and helping people with any sort of situation. I grew up surrounded by my family who all work in the medical field, and I enjoy educating people on womens health so if you have any questions feel free to ask away! I also love food, traveling, and a good mystery television show or movie!
The official Her Campus Oregon account