Every year for Valentine’s Day, my relationship status is different. Sometimes I’m single and I like it--sometimes I’m single and I don’t. Sometimes I have a boyfriend, and sometimes I have one of those boy-ish-things that nobody can figure out what it is. Love lives are so complicated! So you can understand why I have never been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day. I’m not one for corniness, and I’m not one for great expectations. Something I do love, though, is a good movie. Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to cuddle up and zone out into somebody else’s story. So whether you’re shacking up with your cute boy toy or flying solo this February, I’ve got some options for you!
Movies your boyfriend will be down for:
- 50 First Dates I don’t know why, but I have always found this movie hilarious! It’s just the right amount of ridiculous.
- Wedding Crashers The funniest actors create the funniest romances.
If you’re hanging with your girlfriends:
- When Harry Met Sally There is no better bonding moment than the “I’ll have what she’s having” diner scene. Sally is a hero.
- The Vow Channing Tatum is hot, Rachel McAdams is perfect, and the story is romantic without feeling too stereotypical.
If you’re feeling especially romantic:
- Serendipity This movie defines a classic romance - unexpected and out of our control.
- P.S. I Love You This movie is heartbreakingly romantic. Not only that, the scenery of Ireland is gorgeous.
Classic Valentine’s Day movies:
- Love Actually This movie has so many different love stories going on at once! They are all different and they all reflect the different emotions this holiday can evoke.
- Valentine’s Day Well...I think you get this one.
If you hate Valentine’s Day:
- The Break-Up What more could you want? This movie is about the opposite of being a couple!
- Paranormal Activity This is one of my personal favorite scary movies - it isn’t gory, just suspenseful.