Book Review: The Her Campus Guide to College Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

If you haven’t ordered The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, And Have the Best Years of Your Life” yet, then what are you doing with your life?!

This guide is exactly what it sounds like. It discusses literally everything you need to know about college life from start to finish — and beyond! From campus safety to dorm life and from studying abroad to partying your nights away, the Her Campus book has advice for you on anything and everything to help get you through your college days. After each chapter there is a “chapter checklist” that sums up all of the main points from the reading, which also serves as a quicklist for when you’re referencing the book later on. There are also fun helpful things included, such as a dorm grocery checklist and a sample roommate contract for you and your current (and future) roomies.

Being a junior, I really wish that I had this book when starting out! Even still, the Her Campus book is helpful for all stages of college life, from your first acceptance letter to when you’re venturing off to the “real world” after graduation.

The Her Campus book is now available in stores, but you can also purchase it online! When you’re picking one up for yourself, make sure to grab a copy or two for your friends or siblings who are going through college as well — it makes an excellent gift!

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.