Princeton Review Names SUCO to "GREEN" Colleges Guide

Posted -

For the second consecutive year, the Princeton Review has included SUNY Oneonta on its list of colleges that demonstrate astrong commitment to sustainability in their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities, and career preparation. Its 2011 “Guide to 311 Green Colleges” recognizes 308 American and 3 Canadian institutions of higher education.

In describing SUNY Oneonta, the Princeton Review highlighted the college’s adherence to green construction standards, the programs of the Biological Field Station in Cooperstown, and the recycling and sustainability efforts of Oneonta Auxiliary Services.

Based on a survey of hundreds of colleges and universities nationwide, the guide bases its ratings on factors such as an institution’s commitment to the United States Green Building Council’s LEED building standards, environmental literacy programs, formal sustainability committees, use of renewable energy resources, recycling, and conservation programs.

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Tiina is a hard working care-free girl who likes to work, travel, and spend time with friends in her spare time. Most people call her a 'work-aholic' since she is always busy with school, an internship, and job, but when not busy with those activities, Tiina is always living life to the fullest with her friends. Being a 'chill' and laid back person, Tiina enjoys being fully active when it comes to playing and watching sports, but also enjoys just staying home and watching movies with friends. Tiina is a Communication Studies major with two minors in Advertising, which she hopes to follow in the future, and Apparel & Textiles at SUNY Oneonta.

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login