Here at Her Campus Oklahoma, we believe in the motto “do good, feel good.” There are so many small things you can do to make someone’s day or improve the community, so why not start now? Here are 10 day-brighteners that will make you, and someone else, feel great.
1. Give a stranger a compliment – I once made a friend on the first day of class because she said she liked my boots, which started a conversation about our mutual love of Steve Madden… It’s so easy to compliment someone, and it may even result in a friendship.
2. Post positively – Sure complaining on Facebook/Twitter can release frustrations, but try posting something positive instead, such as lyrics, quotes or something good that happened that day.
3. Buy someone a drink – Sure this works at bars to get the ladies, but I’m talking about hitting up 7Eleven and picking up a Big Gulp for your roommate. For a guaranteed smile, deliver 79 cents of pure happiness straight to their door.
4. Stay in touch – Text a friend you don’t see that often to let them know you’re thinking about them. I love when I get random texts from my high school gal pals!
5. Study buddy – Have a big test or paper coming up? Email your class and see if anyone needs a study partner. This has helped me make new friends and get better grades in the process, what is there to lose?