Spring Forward and Get Those Closets Ready!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Ahh, spring.

It’s a mellow season. Birds are chirping, flowers are dancing in the wind, the occasional bee buzzes too close to your ear and you have this mini-spasm as you try to scare it away. (Nobody saw…don’t worry, girl!) The sunshine is beautiful and the rain is even better.

But, the absolute best part about spring is the fashion! Top designers during Spring Fashion Week 2015 have given us a heads up on what to wear this season. Here are the top five trends expected to hit this year!

Trend 1: Gingham Print

Last fall, clean plaids were in. But this season, we are all for the tiny check!

Trend 2: One-Shoulder Tops

Don’t be afraid to show a little skin! One shoulder tops are totally in.

Trend 3: Polo-Style Shirts

Whether you’re feeling casual, sporty, or preppy, collared shirts are the answer! They’re versatile and classic, and they’re making a statement this season!

Trend 4: Black and White

(My personal favorite) Black and white outfits never go out of season. Pairing these colors together to dominate an ensemble is a definite YES!

Trend 5: Head-to-Toe White

It’s easier to pull off than you think! Layer your whites. Play with different textures. You CAN wear white after Labor Day—you just have to wear it right!

Happy shopping!

Strategic Communications Senior at Oklahoma State Univeristy! Go Pokes! I'm a small town girl that is always looking for new places and adventures! I'm obsessed with yoga and road biking! My passion is with non-profit and volunteer service, although I'm a total advertising junkie! I'm pretty weird, and in the best way, spunky and spontaneous!