How To Relax Over Spring Break On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Spring Break is here! For some this means fun trips with friends to the beach, but for others Spring Break can be tough on a budget, especially if this semester has been stressful!

If you’re looking for ways to relax while staying in your college town this week, here’s How To Relax on Spring Break On A Budget!

1. Go Camping

Take a camping trip with some friends to a near-by lake! If you don’t live near water, head over to some hiking trails, just get outside! There’s nothing quite like the great outdoors to soothe your stress induced mid-semster blues. Just being around nature will relax you and give you a sense of fun too!

2. Take Up Crochet/Knitting

For all the hype around knitting and crocheting, it’s totally true! Turn up some music or put on your favorite netflix show, kick back and get to learning! There’s thousands of youtube videos and pinterest tutorials on how to make anything you desire. It helps that both knitting and crocheting are known to help reduce stress and help one relax!

3. Re-Experience Your Town 

Take a trip to your city’s downtown area, experience a new cafe you’ve never visited before, check out an antique store, let yourself get lost and find new places you’ve never had time to before!

4. Spend All Day In Bed

Sleeping in is an absolute must. If you don’t have plans, or all your friends have left for the break, let yourself sleep in and chill! Read a book, catch up on your favorite shows, ordering pizza, whatever! 

5. Try Out Yoga

If you’re just hanging out at home and want to release some stress, or just get in tune with your body yoga is a great idea!

Roll out your mat and get to your stretches and deep breathing!

I like coffee, crochet, and stories. Feminism is my theme song, and Parks and Rec is my show of the year. Never stop laughing.