5 Things To Do if You Don’t Have Spring Break Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Spring Break is known to be the most exciting and fun-filled week of the year,

but for some of us, we don’t have the fund$ to go to the beach or any other spring break destinaation overflowing with college students.

So for those of us unable to take part in the week long party, here’s a list of things you can do instead!

1. Volunteer

Odds are that since almost all of the college students have left town, that means there’s more volunteer oportunities for you. Go to the Humaine Society and walk dogs, Volunteer at the public library and read to the kids in the spring break programs, go to a food bank and help package food that will be sent to families here in Oklahoma, The Childrens Mirical Network Hospitals are a great place to go read and spend time with kids.

2. Road Trips

Road Trips are a great way to get out of your college town without having to spend a fortune or go too far from home. Get a map and one of your besties and take a drive. Try new resturants, go to the local shops, or explore their art district and take cute pictures for the #Gram.

3. Homework

I hate the say it, but getting ahead on homework during break can be a great thing. Getting a few assignments ahead in your classes will help you later on when it comes to managing stress and trying to juggle 6 assignments at once. 

4. Get Organized 

During the hustle and bustle of everyday life we tend to ignore things that need our attention. During break try cleaning out your closet, organizing your desk, clean out your car , or organize your backpack by throwing out those old essays. Starting school up after break with a clean environment can do wonders for your mood and your overall productivity.

5. Rest

During the week it’s difficult to balance everything you have to do in the day and get the recomended 8 hours of sleep. Use this time to catch up on sleep and rest. Take bubble baths, sleep A LOT, read a new book, and take some time for yourself. Your body will thank you for it.

HerCampus OKState Vice President. A Fashion Merchandising major that considers herself a professional crafter and glitter enthusiast with a love for corgi's, queso, and iced Carmel Macchiato's. Alpha Xi Delta PC 2015. National American Miss Oklahoma 2016. The riegning Royal International Miss Oklahoma 2019.